Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan 2014 Transmission - How do I check proper level? Forums > > Nissan 2014 Transmission - How do I check proper level? Nissan 2014 Transmission - How do I check proper level?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 04-25-2017, 10:24 AM
2014 Sentra
1998 Altima Sedan

Question Nissan 2014 Transmission - How do I check proper level?

I'm a Honda guy, and I've changed my transmission fluids without issue. My brother has a Nissan Sentra 2014. It is almost at 70K miles and the owners manual says to change around 60K. I went down to the dealer, bought the very expensive CVT fluid ($24 a quart), and proceeded to drain the transmission. Only a quart came out, but they sold me 5 quarts. Also, there is no dipstick. According to a Youtube video, it takes about 4 quarts, so I put that in temporarily. How can I determine the right amount? I called the dealer and they said that the parts department shouldn't have sold me the fluid, since they have "special tools" to determine the proper level. They want $250+ to have me bring it back in. Tanner Transmission wants $210. I already have fluid in it, I just NEED to figure out how I can check to make sure it's at a proper level. Can any one help me? I'm at the end of my rope and I'll be darned if I'm gonna pay another $200+ to get someone to tell me its at the proper level. Thank you very much for any advice you may have.

Tags
2014, check, level, nissan, proper, transmission