Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
I'm close to setting it on fire Forums > > I'm close to setting it on fire I'm close to setting it on fire
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 12-20-2016, 08:49 PM
2000 Sentra
2000 Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra

Default I'm close to setting it on fire

First thing it's a Nissan Sentra 2000 gxe 1.8 liter I got it as is and it did great for a while driving back and forth to work doctors all that. Well one day i put bad gas in it and it bucked and jerked and then just died my dad came and saved me and I followed him to Walmart we put fuel injector carb cleaner in it and filled the gas tank up. Well the next day it ran great no stop stalling bucking nuthing well then abiut a week later it started it again put the same thing in and it didn't fix it. So I took it to the as is guy and he cut a hole in the fuel housing canister at the bottom have me some bull about it would make it run better bc it filters everything wrong!!!!!!! It had taken so much trash in it since then I had to buy s new fuel pump
Old 12-21-2016, 12:58 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

[QUOTE=Crystal0104;100958 I got it as is and it did great for a while driving back and forth to work doctors all that. Well one day i put bad gas in it and it bucked and jerked and then just died my dad came and saved me and I followed him to Walmart we put fuel injector carb cleaner in it and filled the gas tank up. So I took it to the as is guy and he cut a hole in the fuel housing canister at the bottom have me some bull about it would make it run better bc it filters everything wrong!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

1. First, never buy a Used car from "as is guy."
2. Never take your car for repair to "as is guy."
3. Don't know what you mean bad gas. When I Fart that's bad gas. If you buy from gas station it's not bad gas.
4. A new fuel pump cannot hurt. If it bucks and jerkes I doubt the problem is fuel pump.
5. Don't burn it on your back yard when Santa Ana winds around. You'll burn the entire hood. I suggest you take it to an isolated area and bring your assault rifle, shot gun, hand gun and shred it to pieces. Its more fun that way.

On the serious note, All Of The Above is for Humor and Fun. So I ask you if the "check engine soon" light is illuminated. If it is, have a mechanic retrieve the trouble code if you don't have a code reader. Some Auto Parts Store will even do it for free so make some calls and drive down there.

If you have a trouble code, post it on here so the community can benefit and help you resolve your problem.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:17 AM
2000 Sentra
2000 Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra

Well I fell asleep and didn't finish the original post but ur comment made my whole day i laughed so hard bc I promise this car has been driving me crazy!!!!!!! But after we change the fuel pump and started running well but then all the sudden it just started dying randomly out of nowhere and when it would die it felt like I took my foot off the pedal but I didn't it was just died in the middle of the road the interstate whatever so it gave me 2 codes P0 340 I'm pretty sure that was the right code but it came up cam sensor then the other code was p0335 which was crank sensor so we change the game with an AutoZone part and it ran great for 3 days nothing happened then about the 4th or 5th day it started dying and shutting off even more but this time it had a jerk and a buck to it And it threw no cam code just the crank well the guy at Autozone said I had to change both sensors at the same time so I did changed the cam and the crank well upon changing the crank sensor it was stubborn to get out well taking it out the casing that cover the prongs came off ok well it was bad anyway since it was throwing a code so I didn't care I just took the other half out and put a new one in well when the casing came off the prongs it broke the clip on he harness so that just fell off now the connector part is still there but the green clip that clips into the sensor is all in pieces off if it well I put the new one in and it won't start period now it wil crank and crank but not start I've checked fuel pressure thays great checked spark it had spark everything so now what to do???? Change the harness I'm tired of spending unnecessary money just uggghhhh I've bought all new plugs new fuel pump cleaned the maf changed air filter and cleaned the injectors I mean do I just need the new pigtail harness thing lol
Old 12-21-2016, 08:21 AM
2000 Sentra
2000 Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra

Also should I try taking the new crank sensor out to see if it will start I heard that you can do that but it will run on limp mode just need answers before I really do chop it up also since I've changed the sensor now it has some awful noise that continues after its in the on position

Last edited by Crystal0104; 12-21-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:47 AM
2000 Sentra
2000 Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
1. First, never buy a Used car from "as is guy."
2. Never take your car for repair to "as is guy."
3. Don't know what you mean bad gas. When I Fart that's bad gas. If you buy from gas station it's not bad gas.
4. A new fuel pump cannot hurt. If it bucks and jerkes I doubt the problem is fuel pump.
5. Don't burn it on your back yard when Santa Ana winds around. You'll burn the entire hood. I suggest you take it to an isolated area and bring your assault rifle, shot gun, hand gun and shred it to pieces. Its more fun that way.

On the serious note, All Of The Above is for Humor and Fun. So I ask you if the "check engine soon" light is illuminated. If it is, have a mechanic retrieve the trouble code if you don't have a code reader. Some Auto Parts Store will even do it for free so make some calls and drive down there.

If you have a trouble code, post it on here so the community can benefit and help you resolve your problem.
Do I have to reply thru quote or a new post this thing is confusing kmsl!!!!
Old 12-21-2016, 11:11 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Yup, that's your problem. If you took the time to research crank sensor replacement on youtube you probably be done in 15-20 minutes. See if the sensor wires are color coded matching the harness wires and you can splice them. If they're not you have some work to do which wire is which. You need to go back to AutoZone and determine which is power and which is signal wire. If there is a black wire usually mean ground so just match it to the harness side. Then refer to Engine Control manual for cam and crank sensor troubleshooting and see wire color. Just go to the top menu Tab and click on Knowledgebase and select Manuals from dropdown menu, etc., etc.

CAVEAT: For critical components like Cam and Crank sensors I would only install Nissan genuine parts. In most cases aftermarket parts are fine. Hopefully all is fine after you fix the wiring issue. Good luck.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:55 AM
2000 Sentra
2000 Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra

Hey!!!!!!!! I'm back... 😥😥😥😥😥😥 Where in the world do I find the crankshaft sensor connector harness pigtail to buy noone in west MEMPHIS has it and I have looked everywhere online and the only thing I see is the cam connector is it the same connector even tho I have one angled cam and one straight cam and the crank is straight??? Amd does it have to be z certain brand bc the cam connector I see are for like the Altima or the maxima....where would I look?

Tags
close, fire, setting