Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Sentra blower resistor/blower motor Forums > > Sentra blower resistor/blower motor Sentra blower resistor/blower motor
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 08-25-2015, 02:32 PM
2009 Sentra SE-R
2009 Sentra Spec V

Post Sentra blower resistor/blower motor

My 2009 Sentra is blowing non-stop at high on all settings. I took it in to Nissan and they want $1800 to change out the blower motor and the resistor. I want to change out the resistor only and see if that works. (I think it will and if not I'm not out much) But I am not sure where the resistor is on this model. (If only it was a little older...) I'm waiting for my manual to be delivered. Can someone direct me? Do I need to remove the glove compartment? How much trim do I need to move. I want to remove as little as possible so I have less chance of bruising it.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Actually your Sentra does not Blower Motor Resistor, it's called Blower Motor Amplifier. The amp is by the accelerator pedal. Here are the instruction from the service manual to replace the amp.

Sentra blower resistor/blower motor-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
Sentra blower resistor/blower motor-capture-png  
Old 08-25-2015, 06:24 PM
2009 Sentra SE-R
2009 Sentra Spec V

Thanks! That explains why there was nothing behind the glove compartment! :) I'll give it another go once my manual comes in the mail. I'm not sure I want to tackle removing the accelerator blindly.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:02 PM
2009 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Actually your Sentra does not Blower Motor Resistor, it's called Blower Motor Amplifier. The amp is by the accelerator pedal. Here are the instruction from the service manual to replace the amp.
NissanTech: Thank you for your answer to Nissan09's problem with the "runaway" blower motor and the solution with a new Fan Control Amplifier. My daughter also had that same constantly running blower motor issue earlier this Spring. However, now it does not run at all. So......

QUESTION 1 : might this still be the Fan Control Amplifier?
QUESTION 2 : could it now also be the blower motor itself running on high for so long?
QUESTION 3 : how can I test components to determine which is the culprit?
QUESTION 4 : if it IS also the blower, must I remove the dashboard to replace the blower?

many thanks!

Paul
Old 09-22-2015, 03:53 PM
2009 Sentra SE-R
2009 Sentra Spec V

I managed to change the amplifier out without removing the accelerator and the fan is now working at several speeds again. I think I will end up having to change the blower and the amplifier anyway though because the lower settings seem to have almost no power. I've read that I can do that from under the drivers footwell rather than removing the dash (as my manual advises). Any insight on whether this is the case? Although I didn't really want to remove the pedals last time so maybe through the dash would be easier/faster. I'm ordering the parts now so I don't need to sit around for a week in the middle of winter.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:15 PM
2008 Sentra SE-R

Default same for 2008?

[QUOTE=Sentra09;97045]My 2009 Sentra is blowing non-stop at high on all settings. I took it in to Nissan and they want $1800 to change out the blower motor and the resistor. I want to change out the resistor only and see if that works. (I think it will and if not I'm not out much) But I am not sure where the resistor is on this model. (If only it was a little older...) I'm waiting for my manual to be delivered. Can someone direct me? Do I need to remove the glove compartment? How much trim do I need to move. I want to remove as little as possible so I have less chance of bruising it.[

Anyone know if also applies to a 2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V?
Thanks
Old 07-08-2016, 02:48 PM
2009 Sentra SE-R
2009 Sentra Spec V

It should be the same. My manual is for all models between 2007 and 2012.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:20 PM
2008 Sentra SE-R

We ended up replacing the resister and this fixed the issue with the blowing being stuck on the high setting. We then eventually had to replace the blower motor because due to constantly being on full blast before replacing the resistor it started making the grinding noises and was wearing out. NOW, after putting the car back together exactly the way we tooknit apart and testing it, the blower works, blows cold and hot air but NO AIR COMES OUT OF THE VENTS. We replaced cabin filter and air filter. Nothing, someone please help with what

Tags
blower, motor, resistor or blower, resistor/blower, sentra