Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2013 sentra a/c issues Forums > > 2013 sentra a/c issues 2013 sentra a/c issues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 PM
2013 Sentra

Default 2013 sentra a/c issues

I am having some issues with my a/c. I can have the a/c on and driving around town, when I slow to come to a stop the a/c will start blowing outside air and sputter when finally making the stop. I have notice that my RPMs will go down then back up to level off. It feels like when I slow down the a/c will quickly. Turn off and turn back on. I have taken it to Nissan dealership twice and they change some wiring on it and told me they didn't see any issue. The car runs great without the a/c on and also runs good when I on the highway with the a/c on. My issue is not all the time. If I make 10 stops done times it can happen at 6 of the 10 stops other times just twice. Any input would be great to take to the dealership, still under warranty almost got 26,000 on it, I live in Texas so a/c is a must especially when you got a 5 year. Thank in advance
Old 08-08-2015, 04:57 AM
2015 Rogue

There is updated software for the engine control module that will keep the rpm's from dropping when you come to a stop.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:20 AM
2013 Sentra

So there is an update to the ecu I wonder why they didn't think about updating it. Thanks I will ask them.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:46 PM
2013 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
There is updated software for the engine control module that will keep the rpm's from dropping when you come to a stop.
Do you think this will help my AC issue that I am having? The car runs good when the AC is off with no issues. AC is fine while on the highway its just when I am slowing down is when my issue happens. I feel like the Compress and such is fine no noises or anything that will cause you to think that, air is nice and cold. Before you answered me I was leaning towards and sensor or something that controls the cars idle when stopped. Again thank you for your answer, this has been very helpful
Old 08-08-2015, 03:12 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin213 View Post
Do you think this will help my AC issue that I am having? The car runs good when the AC is off with no issues. AC is fine while on the highway its just when I am slowing down is when my issue happens. I feel like the Compress and such is fine no noises or anything that will cause you to think that, air is nice and cold. Before you answered me I was leaning towards and sensor or something that controls the cars idle when stopped. Again thank you for your answer, this has been very helpful
The compressor may be turning off as the idle drops . The program was orginally for a drop in rpms when coming to a stop or a feeling as if the car was going to stall. I would have the dealer do the update to see if it also corrects the problem with the A/C.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:02 AM
2013 Sentra

Quote:
The compressor may be turning off as the idle drops . The program was orginally for a drop in rpms when coming to a stop or a feeling as if the car was going to stall. I would have the dealer do the update to see if it also corrects the problem with the A/C.
Reading what you said, thinking last night about it, I have notice since I got the car in September of 2013 that sometimes when I am stopped at a light or stop sign the car will idle much lower that it normally would. I have notice this if AC is on or not. Normal idle in drive while stopped I would say above 750 RPMs maybe 800-850. Sometimes I will feel the car not idling right, I will feel vibration not too bad, also I can see my passenger seat shake as well, but nothing that will make me feel like it was about to die or stall. When I see this the RPMs will be below the 750 mark, maybe between 600-650 and the needle with move a little bit up and down, but never really back up what I would call the normal idling speed, until I accelerate. Also during when this happens there is nothing plugged in or turned on. Sometimes I will let me foot off the brakes and inch forward (like at a light), during that time the vibration stops until I press the brake again. I believe my issue is what you said the computer update will fix. Thanks again.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:58 PM
2013 Sentra

Quote:
Well I had the dealership, upgrade the computer, still have the issue where when I am slowing down coming to a stop it the AC will blow warmer air. It does not do it all the time. Is there somewhere that has what around the idle speeds of a 2013 nissan sentra should be? I am curious what they should be a in drive under normal driving conditions, engine warmed up while sitting at a light with and without the ac on. they tested my ac and it all came back fine. any help or ideas would be appreciated

Tags
2013, a or c, a/c, issues, sentra