Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 Sentra Hesitation while driving after sitting for a year Forums > > 05 Sentra Hesitation while driving after sitting for a year 05 Sentra Hesitation while driving after sitting for a year
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 11-20-2013, 04:14 PM
2001 Frontier Crew Cab

Exclamation 05 Sentra Hesitation while driving after sitting for a year

So I was sent on active duty orders and left the vehicle with someone. I should have made sure that I drained all the fuel etc, but I had expected this person to run the car every once in awhile. Well long story short this did not happen and the vehicle sat for a year.

Upon returning the battery was dead and all the doors were pretty much sealed shut. I decided to drain all the fuel out of the tank. I removed the fuel pump by following some tutorials I found online. I cleaned the filter that was built to the pump. The dealer told me that there was no inline filter to change.

Put new fuel into the vehicle replaced the seal for the fuel pump because the old one didn't fit after being removed. Changed all the spark plugs, replaced the battery.

Vehicle started up and ran rough for a few and then smoothed out. I was followed home and found that driving was now a chore. I would hit the accelerator and at times have it on the floor before it would accelerate, when it did it was sudden and violent. This was not a problem until it was in drive, when in neutral seems to be fine. The entire drive the problem happened. At time when coming to a stop the vehicle would feel as if it would stall. RPM would drop and then bounce back up. Accelerating from a light would again take a few seconds and it was sudden, RPM's would shoot up quicker then I have ever seen before.

I'm lost on what to check next. Spark plugs were changed, pre gapped from autozone, new batt, new fuel, fuel stabilizer and cleaner, and fuel pump cleaned.

I have limited mechanical skills but would love to know what to check next. I know the brakes are not the best either but I don't think it is causing the problem with acceleration.

No check engine light, but may not have had time for the ECM to get the settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Bill

2005 Nissan Sentra 89,0000
1.8dohc

Last edited by NissanTech; 11-24-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Tags
driving, hesitation, sentra, sitting, year