Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Intermittent key fob problem Forums > > Intermittent key fob problem Intermittent key fob problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 06-30-2013, 12:18 PM
2011 Sentra

Default Intermittent key fob problem

Every morning when I try to open my car, I get no response from my remote and I have to use the key to open and start my car. After I have arrived at work and manually lock my car, I come back in a couple of hours and the remote works fine. What the heck would be causing this? What do I do to fix this? I am concerned because my previous car had electrical problems related to the "security" system and I don't want the same problems with this car.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 PM
2011 Sentra

Have you tried to swap out the battery in the fob, also you may want to make sure that the terminals the battery connect to are clean, if the battery before leaked, do a google search for how to neutralize the acid, one final thing, maybe someone else can comment, I do not think that removing the battery will cause your fob to loose its code, but you may want to let some one else answer that question before you try, also look in ebay to see how much a new fob costs, if its not more that the price of the battery they you may want a backup, especially if the current fob looses it settings on a power down, if you get a new fob you have to follow a process (think its something like putting the key in the ignition and removing it three times then using the old fob to lock the car and open it then using the new fob and the car will accept the new fob as a authorised fob), if no one gets back to you in a couple of days drop me an pm, I think the system will then email me and I can remove the battery from one of on fobs and do a test

Tags
fob, intermittent, key, problem