Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2013 w/navi Voice adaptation mode Forums > > 2013 w/navi Voice adaptation mode 2013 w/navi Voice adaptation mode
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 04-06-2013, 07:01 PM
2013 Sentra

Default 2013 w/navi Voice adaptation mode

Hello,
We bought a new Sentra SV equipped with navi/tech package. We are non-native english speakers and are having trouble with voice recognition. The manual specifies a voice adaptation mode for the car (pressing the voice commands key for 5+ secs with car running and all) but it just didn't work.

Anyone with similar issues? I saw in couple of forums that the altima SL had this issue but I don't see a sentra being mentioned anywhere.

Any idea?

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:00 PM
2013 Sentra

Default Voice adaptation

I bought a 2013 sentra last week and have the same problem. When I press the call button on steering wheel for 6 seconds it just brings up the regular options with no way of getting to the so called "training" and it apparently doesn't like my British accent. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:43 AM
2013 Sentra

Default Voice adaptation

I pinged Nissan help on Twitter and they said that Sentras with Nav do not have training, and that they are auto-learning. They weren't clear but gave me a support number for "bluetooth" issues to talk for further questions. The key is to have names that are longer than 3 chars and spacing between commands and names.

Let me know if you need the number, have to dig in through some archives.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:30 AM
2013 Sentra

Thanks, I am glad it was not just me having issues! Just strange that the voice adaptation is set to work on some vehicles and not others!
Thanks for the info

Tags
2013, adaptation, mode, sentra, voice, w or navi, w/navi