Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Sentra blows brake light bulb Forums > > 2006 Sentra blows brake light bulb 2006 Sentra blows brake light bulb
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
2006 Sentra

Default 2006 Sentra blows brake light bulb

My right rear brake light blows. I put a new bulb in it and it blows right away. I put another new bulb in and it blew right away also. The trunk and left brake lights work as they should. What can I do to fix this problem?

Last edited by tjiowa; 03-06-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: incorrect info provided
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Check the brake light socket. You could try to swap the socket from the other side. If still blowing the bulb, then you probably have a short circuit in the wire.

Here is the wire diagram of the brake light.

2006 Sentra blows brake light bulb-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
2006 Sentra blows brake light bulb-capture-png  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 AM
2016 Versa
2001 Xterra
2016 Versa

Hey, that happened with mine (older Sentra) a lot a few years ago but its been fixed. Unfortunately, I don't know what they did to fix it. Sorry, wish I could help more.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:47 PM
2006 Sentra

I checked the socket for corrosion or any thing that looked bad, found nothing amiss, put a new bulb in this morning and drove around all day, checked it to see if it had blown and it was working fine till tonight. Same problem, brake bulb blew out again, tail lights and turn signals all work as they should. Grrrrrrr !! Suggestions?
Old 06-12-2015, 01:14 PM
2001 Sentra
2001 Nissan Sentra GXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjiowa View Post
My right rear brake light blows. I put a new bulb in it and it blows right away. I put another new bulb in and it blew right away also. The trunk and left brake lights work as they should. What can I do to fix this problem?
It might be due to rain or water. I had a similar problem with my Nissan Sentra 2001. The rear red brake light bulb had to be constantly replaced because it stopped working. A Nissan technician recently suggested we apply a water-proof grease around the light bulb before putting the bulb into the socket. Which I did. So far so good. The break light works.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:28 PM
2006 Sentra

I bought some cheap China bulbs at a swap meet, they blew. Then I went to an auto parts store and bought new bulbs, they blew as well. I took it to the Nissan dealer and they checked it out, $50 fee.......... and they told me I needed to buy Nissan bulbs. I paid $5 for a Nissan Bulb, (declined to pay their $5 installation fee) and had it installed in 15 seconds and it hasn't blown out since.
I guess I was buying cheap bulbs?

Tags
2006, blows, brake, bulb, light, sentra