Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 Sentra GXE 1.8L P0755 & O/D Flashing Forums > > 2002 Sentra GXE 1.8L P0755 & O/D Flashing 2002 Sentra GXE 1.8L P0755 & O/D Flashing
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 01-19-2016, 08:03 AM
2004 Murano
2002 Sentra

Folks,

I absolutely hate it when people don't follow up to their threads when a solution has been found. So after long last, I finally dug in and solved this problem. I wanted to get my Sentra working perfectly again. This was just one of the things on the list. I had to do an engine swap anyway, so at the same time I put in a transmission from an 05 Sentra with only 47k on it. Shifted very smooth but the P0755 code remained. Which told me it was indeed an electrical problem.

My fix to the P0755 issue was different than what cityhunter25 experienced but in the end it was resolved.

The root cause to my problem was the Transmission Control Module itself. It's physically located behind the right kick plate by the floor of the front passenger seat. Part number for my 2002 Sentra GXE 1.8L was 31036-5M101. There's no schematics for this computer in the Nissan Service Manual, so it's an item that is replaced if it fails.

I performed the troubleshooting steps for the P0755 code per the Nissan Service Manual. I found nothing shorted, opened, or out of measurement. So I opened up a question on Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP and got in contact with a certified Nissan technician for only $17!

In the end, the technician confirmed my troubleshooting methods and results were correct. Then he instructed to replace the TCM, but didn't want to spend $400 for a new one. I found a local yard here in Albuquerque that had a few of these TCM's in stock. First one didn't work and threw a different code. But second one worked and everything is shifting fine now.

Good luck and happy motoring!

Warhammer

Tags
18l, 2002, flashing, gxe, o or d, p0755, sentra