Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
1999 Nissan Sentra GXE fog/tail/dash lights out Forums > > 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE fog/tail/dash lights out 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE fog/tail/dash lights out
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM
1999 Sentra

Default 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE fog/tail/dash lights out

I have a 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE, and I was driving down the road one day, and looked down, and my dash lights had randomly gone out, I later realized that my fog lights and tail lights also went out. I replaced the fuse under the hood, and they all worked for a couple hours, then went out again. Checked the fuse again, and appeared to be fine, but I replaced it anyways. They are still not working. I have read posts on other sites about stereos causing the issue, however the stereo in my car is stock. I have had the car for about a year, and have not had any issues with this before. Any suggestions would be great!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 AM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Sentra
2003 Sentra
2002 Sentra GXE

check out a wiring diagram. you either have a shorted wire or a relay that's bad or an open ground or hot wire.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

I checked the wire diagram and neither of the three things you mention are related. The dash lights use the fuse #36, the fog lamps #38 and #35 and the tail lights #39 and the grounds are different as well. Either you have three different problem or there is a major short circuit on the wire harness. You could start by checking all the fuses and make sure the bulbs of the fog lamps and tail lights are not shorting the fuses.

For more information you can download the "Electrical System" section of the service manual free from here: 1999 Nissan Sentra Service Manual - Loose Sections - Free with Registration - Nissanhelp.com
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM
1999 Sentra

I guess I don't get how they can be unrelated, because I initially replaced just the fuse labeled Fog Light's under the hood, and they all worked for a short period of time. Then stopped working again. I immediately checked that fuse again, and saw no issue. However I did check it again today, and it is blown again. So at this point, I am aware that something is causing this fuse to blow, but I don't know what. My owner's manual shows no fuses that specifically show dash lights, or tail lights.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:27 PM
1999 Sentra

I have encountered the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out what it was?

Tags
1999, fog or tail or dash, gxe, lights, nissan, sentra