Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2009 Nissan Sentra won't start Forums > > 2009 Nissan Sentra won't start 2009 Nissan Sentra won't start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
2009 Sentra

Post 2009 Nissan Sentra won't start

Hello everyone. For the last 3 weeks I been experiencing a problem with a 2009 Nissan Sentra. The car stalls and won't start. I took it where I bought it and they told me it was the fuel pump and they replaced it, car worked for a day and a half and then it did the same problem. Then I replaced the battery inside the smart key/intelligent key and it worked again for a day and half and then went to do the same. I took it back because they thought that the fuel pump might have come defective, they checked it and it was fine. Then they say that it was a piece that it was broken in the battery. The piece it's located between the cable connector and the battery, I think on the positive side (if I'm looking at the front of the car, it's on my right side ) well, the car worked fine for another day and a half and now it won't start again. One thing though, since all this starting happening, the alarm will lock and unlock but it doesn't beep with the car locks. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm like stranded right now, 250 miles away from home. Thank you everyone.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:03 PM
2012 Sentra SE-R

This is too bad... Are you sure it is not a VW? :-)

All joking aside, each time you bring it to the garage they likely disconnect the battery while they do these repairs and, it makes me suspect they've introduced another "bug" that simply requires a Resetting Procedure, that of your Locks and no Beeping... But you do know that you can Activate and deactivate the BEEP when you LOCK the doors by simply Holding the Lock and Unlock buttons on the Remote together for 3 seconds.

Better with Beep OFF as you do Not disturb the neighbours/people around you.

Please let us know about the non-starting as it is somewhat strange... Has it been very Cold or Hot where you are?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. which one do you have: it cranks but won't start or no crank no start.
2. if check engine light is on, scan ECM for trouble code.

Tags
2009, nissan, sentra, start