Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Dashboard lights out need help! Forums > > Dashboard lights out need help! Dashboard lights out need help!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
griebs18

just ordered dimmer switch off ebay for 11 bucks...put it in and now everything works

yes!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:52 AM
2005 Sentra

Default same boat!

That's awesome you figured that out. I just bought a Sentra with a Kenwood in it, and of course the dash lights don't work. So prior to replacing the switch, want to make sure it doesn't burn out again, which wires did you have hooked up improperly that caused this in the first place?
Did you get to the dimmer switch thru the opening by the fuse box or pull part of the dash panel off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by griebs18 View Post
just ordered dimmer switch off ebay for 11 bucks...put it in and now everything works

yes!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:57 PM
griebs18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart300 View Post
That's awesome you figured that out. I just bought a Sentra with a Kenwood in it, and of course the dash lights don't work. So prior to replacing the switch, want to make sure it doesn't burn out again, which wires did you have hooked up improperly that caused this in the first place?
Did you get to the dimmer switch thru the opening by the fuse box or pull part of the dash panel off?
its been a while since i made this thread, lol, but i got an email saying someone posted in it, so im doing this from memory

i connected the orange wires together on the back of the harness...BIG no no...(if ur head unit doesnt use those wires) lol...cap them off seperately. so basically if my headunit didnt use the wires, i capped them off seperately and just moved my grounding wire to a different location where there was metal on both sides of it.

the dimmer switch just popped right out i think...just took a screwdriver and lightly pryed on the top, then disconnected the three wiring harnesses that attach to the mirror aimer, trunk pop, and dash lights
Old 07-10-2009, 10:32 AM
2005 Sentra

Default Great Memory

Right on, thanks for replying to that, going to tackle that headache saturday afternoon!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:43 PM
2005 Sentra

Default Dimmer was the cause

Capped off orange wire, replaced dimmer, boom, lights have been fine for a couple weeks now.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:54 PM
griebs18

that is awesome...im glad to hear
Old 05-22-2010, 04:50 PM
05spec

where did u guys get the dimmer switch i couldnt find one on ebay
Old 10-17-2017, 08:19 PM
2008 Altima Sedan

Hi guys I need urgent help!!! 2008 Nissan Altima. Installed a new radio, double din GPS nav and backup camera.. I got everything to work when I tested it. I and set everything up and mounted and turned on and had my big problem ..

So I lost all of my dash light except for a solid "key" in the upper top left. That was never there . The key icon comes on only in park... when I give my car gas it sputers not a rev up like normal...

Please don't no what to do, need my car for work...
Old 10-17-2017, 08:22 PM
2008 Altima Sedan

You guys are talking about a dimmer. My dimmer isn't connected my new radio doesn't have the oronge wire. Only the Nissan harnes

Tags
dashboard, lights