Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Use of Synthetic Oil? Forums > > Use of Synthetic Oil? Use of Synthetic Oil?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 12-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Sunsetta

Default Use of Synthetic Oil?

Is it OK to use Synthetic Oil in my new 2006 Nissan Sentra, 1.8L engine?

The Owners Manual is really vague about the type of oils. Thanks for any

help you can give me on this matter.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Anonymous

Default oil

using synthetic oil after break in is, usually 12000km or 10000miles okay
Old 01-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Anonymous

switch to a blend first. Then go full synthetic. But as stated, wait until after your car is properly broken in.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:15 AM
BumperButt

I would do some research on the web first. I began putting synthetic after about 100,000mi in my 2001 Sentra, but I don't see a reason wait since the synthetics theoretically should have the same properties as the conventional oil to meet SAE standards.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:51 AM
FieldRun

For the average driver, I don't see the need to use synthetic oils. I am not any sort of expert but I've never had any oil related problems with my cars and typically own them for well over 100,000 - 150,000 miles. Consider reading the book "Drive it forever" by Robert Sikorsky. Since the difference between regular and synthetic oil is significant, it should be a worthwhile read. Tell us what you think after reading that book or reviewing other technical documentation. BTW - I don't pay any attention to companies that push oil changes more frequent than necessary. Read the book.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Xterraclamper

You should have NO issues swapping to Synth....Many a people use Synth right after your first scheduled maintenance.....Yea, rumors about not changing until such time is said, just opinions....Mobile 1...good stuff...I run it in both of my X's...Swapped to Synth in my '06 upon first oil change...all is good...;)
Old 02-18-2007, 01:45 AM
sentra22

Hey, i recently changed my oil from regular to synthetic and for what ever reason my car seems to be over heating. The temperature gauge on my car rises and i can hear my fans cutting on. This did not happen when i had regular oil... not even once. I checked my radiator its fine, and the fluid within it is fine as well. I was thinking that my car might have to break in the new oil. but i've had this oil since the 7th of February. I'm thinking about taking it back and getting simi synthetic oil put in. But before i did that i was hoping to post here and get the opinions of other users. Tell me what you think. Thanks in advance.

Tags
oil, synthetic