Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 Nissan Sentra hard shift between 1rst and 2nd gears Forums > > 2002 Nissan Sentra hard shift between 1rst and 2nd gears 2002 Nissan Sentra hard shift between 1rst and 2nd gears
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 09-24-2011, 08:28 PM
2002 Sentra
2002 Sentra

Default 2002 Nissan Sentra hard shift between 1rst and 2nd gears

Ok to get started I took the car to have it inspected at which it past no problem and I paid for the inspection went out got in the car cranked it up and was on my way but looked down and notice the check engine light was on. First I thought he did not get the gas cap on tight enough but this was not the problem. I started noticing the car was shifting hard between 1st and 2nd
as well as when I turn the key on the O/D light would flash 16 times. So I went to have the code check and it came up P7045 LINE PRESSURE SOLENOID VALVE FAULT. I have checked the drop resistor and it was fine. Reset the computer but it immediately came right back on. Car has 111000 miles on it. I hope that someone can help me figure this out. Any help with this will be very much appreciated. Thanks, BEAR
Old 09-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

First thing you need to check is the transmission fluid level and condition. If the fluid level is OK and the fluid is in good condition, the the problem could be a bad line pressure solenoid.

There is a bulletin for the 2003-2005 sentra that may help you diagnose the problem: Knowledgebase - 2003 Sentra - Nissanhelp.com Forums
Old 09-25-2011, 07:34 AM
2002 Sentra
2002 Sentra

Thanks Man there is some good info on the bulletin. I will perform the steps and post back to let you know how it works out.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
2002 Sentra
2002 Sentra

Ok I dropped the pan and it was pretty nasty with some dust like metal in the filter and magnets. Cleaned everything up real good but did not realize that most folks don't take the filter off due to the fact one of the bolts on the filter does not thread in to the valve body it goes all the way threw it with a nut or something on top of the valve body and you can not get it back in so needles to say that bolt did not get put back in. I drove it about fifteen minuts with the check engin light off with it not shifting hard but ever so often. But when I killed the car and started it back the check engin light came back on and the O/D was flashing again. I found no loose wires or connections. I think I am ready to just take it in and have it fixed. I for some reason can not even find the pressure solenoid on the internet anywhere to buy and try a new one to see if that fixes the problem.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:19 AM
2002 Sentra
2002 Sentra

Back again sent the car to a very trusted trans shop where they did some test and figured out that is was not the P7045 LINE PRESSURE SOLENOID VALVE FAULT that was causing the problem. They say it is the TCM? This is confusing to me as I don't see why that would cause it not to shift right I could understand the codes. Anyway they have order the TCM and once its in we will see.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 AM
hogan

we were under ext warr so it didn't bother me too much but

we had hard shift - like a muscle car shift kit, it was kinda nice lol!

they couldn;t figure it out - they tried a conditioner in the fluid after replacing the tranny, lol! so then because of that the trany got replaced, fluid flushed, replaced solenoid for line drop and TCM

it woulda been $3300

if we didn;t ext warranty - good luck - I hope it is a TCM or line drop solenoid - they said our bell housing was not fully releasing - which woulda been the result of 1 of the 2 - TCM or Solenoid
Old 10-16-2011, 09:58 AM
2002 Sentra
2002 Sentra

Wow, what a load of mess you had to deal with . The shop I sent it to said nissan's tcm was about $700 but they got a used one for like $230 from one of there sources. They also had to drop the valve body to fix a mistake I made changing the filter not realizing that one of the bolts has a nut on the top of the valve body that fell loose with no way to get the bolt back in without dropping the valve body . So at the moment labor and all they said would be around $530 to $600 witch if the problem is fixed I think is a good deal.

Tags
1rst, 2002, 2nd, gears, hard, nissan, sentra, shift, shift problem