Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
a/c compressor kicks on and off... Forums > > a/c compressor kicks on and off... a/c compressor kicks on and off...
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 07-24-2010, 07:17 PM
azwildcat

Default a/c compressor kicks on and off...

I would be really appreciative of any help I could get on this subject. My 2001 nissan sentra 1.8 has an issue with the a/c. I filled it with a little more freon yesterday and while I was doing this, the compressor started to kick on and off. The cycles are pretty regular..2 seconds on and 2 seconds off. Sometimes it will stay on, for about 7-10 seconds. While it does this the pressure drops back down to 30psi(low side). It will stay steady for a few second but I watch the pressure gauge and it will slowly creep up and turn the compressor off. I thought I put too much r134a in so I let some pressure out. Then i filled it back up thinking it didnt have enough pressure. Now, I let some out again and here I am...stuck! Did i mess up the amout of liquid/gas thats supposed to be in there? Is that possible?
Old 07-25-2010, 12:01 PM
2015 Rogue

It is supposed to cycle.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:50 PM
azwildcat

If it is supposed to cycle, how will it ever cool? The compressor will need to turn/engage in order to cool, correct?

Tags
a or c, compressor, kicks