Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Sentra Transmission filter change Forums > > 2006 Sentra Transmission filter change 2006 Sentra Transmission filter change
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 05-15-2010, 04:46 PM
George Webster

Default 2006 Sentra Transmission filter change

I've read a few things about this, but don't understand what I need to do. Apparently, this filter is not intended to be repleced, yet I did get a kit and they simply say to remove the bolts and repalce them. Yeah, right. Seems there is one odd bolt that has a nut and I as others I've read about cannot get it to go back in and catch the nut. So, what do I do now? I read something about removing the control valve to access the nut, but I have no clue whrer it si or how to get at it. I could really use some help here.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

This filter is a non -service type filter.There is no reason to replace unless the trans is going thru a complete rebuild.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 AM
George Webster

That is not helpful, since I already have it off. I need to understand how to get it back together. Can the valve block be dropped with the tranny in the car, or am I going to have to pull it?
Old 05-16-2010, 11:45 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Webster View Post
That is not helpful, since I already have it off. I need to understand how to get it back together. Can the valve block be dropped with the tranny in the car, or am I going to have to pull it?
You can remove the valve body without removing the transmission.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:43 PM
ziggy

When I was replacing the filter I had same problem . It seems like the bolt does not catch the nut. I was just pressing then keep spininig and it worked.
If I remember ,that bolt was pretty long.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:06 PM
PJT

Default I am in the same predicament w/ an '05

Is removing the control valve body the only option???

If so, how does one go about that???

What do I have to look for next to get this last bolt to catch???

Any and all help is appreciated.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:16 PM
1997 Pathfinder
2009 Versa

Thumbs down 'Replaceable' Tranny filter for 2009 Versa

My daughter has an '09 Versa(her purchase) that I just 'attempted' a tranny service on.(60k miles) The filter 'kit' I got never said ANYTHING about the stupid reamer bold that won't allow you to engage the nut once the bolt has been removed. I guess with the new 'throw away' cars, the factories don't expect the owners to care enough to service them properly. I always change ATF & filter at no more than 20,000 miles, and 15k on some of my vehicles. One more gripe about the Versa: You have to remove the intake ducts, throttle body, and intake manifold just to replace the spark plugs! REALLY? What a moronic design flaw! No wonder some shops want $900.00 for a 60k service. I don't get how these car makers expect kids these days to pay for expensive services that should not be. There should be some kind of written notice to all buyers warning them about the expensive upkeep. Just one more reason I will NEVER buy a front wheel drive vehicle, or one that I cannot service myself.
Thanks for nuthin' Nissan! Now I must spend a hundred or more at the shop just to have them finish replacing my daughter's $18.00 filter. Whatta buncha male bovine excrement!
Old 12-23-2021, 02:17 PM
2006 Sentra
2006 Sentra

Default Can't thread Nut on Transmission Filter

I had this same issue. My car is old so what I did was just insert the bolt up into the filter to, in effect, plug the hole so oil doesn't pump through unhindered. I put on the cover and left it that way. There are plenty of other bolts to hold things. I didn't worry about the loose nut. I figure it is probably in a recessed space and will just stay there indefinitely or it will go to the side and fall into the cover. I have driven thousands of miles since with absolutely no issue.

Tags
2006, change, filter, sentra, transmission