Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Radiator Flush Forums > > Radiator Flush Radiator Flush
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 04-28-2010, 04:54 PM
opiated

Default Radiator Flush

Hey guys i was wondering if i could get some help. I am planning on doing a radiator flush. I am pretty nooby when it comes to cars but i know alot more than i knew 3 years ago. I know all the directions and stuff i just cant locate the drain plug. If someone could possibly post a picture of where it is i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance
Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Xterra

sorry no instructions..... normally i use prestone radiator flush additive for 15 minutes... when temp is at normal turn on heater on high to circulate through the whole system. turn off engine and allow to cool for 30 minutes... drain and replace drain plug.

i like using the pre-mix prestone coolant... no distilled water mixing.

you will also need to burp the system... since you will have some air in the system.... check your reservour and fill with coolant to max line.. then fill radiator..... if you can bring level visible.... that way you can start the engine and everytime you step on the gas pedal quick... it will burp the air from the system... keep doing that untill you dont see any air bubbles coming out.. you might have to turn engine off if it begins to pour out of the top of radiator.. you will have to add coolant the next morning.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

I beleve it is on the lower right side.You may have to remove the cover and it will be a flush type plug with a phillips type slot. If for some reasion you still can't find it just remove the lower hose.Don't get to wet!

Tags
flush, radiator