Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 Sentra Fuel Gauge Problem Forums > > 05 Sentra Fuel Gauge Problem 05 Sentra Fuel Gauge Problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 PM
omare

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone
Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 PM
2005 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by omare View Post
My 05 Sentra's fuel gauge is very inaccurate. I filled up the tank about 3 days ago with 30 dollars while the gauge read almost empty, and the gauge went all the way to full, in fact a little higher than full. I have been driving around for the past two days, and I know I haven't gone more than 60-70 miles, and the gauge is almost down to 3/4 empty. This car supposedly has 24 city mpg, 31 highway, and 27 combined. That should get me around 350 miles on a full tank, which is about 13 gallons in size. So obviously, the tank is going down way faster than it should be. Before I had this problem, my gauge would be going down, then randomly going back up, then back down again. Anyone experiencing the same problems? How can I fix this?
Mine was working fine until I took the car in last week to have a mis-firing cylinder fixed. I took a long trip this weekend, and noticed right away that it goes up and down significantly within two or three minutes. I made sure I stopped to fill the tank often enough - but it's most disconcerting. Should I take it back to the place where the cylinder was fixed, and ask them to take a look??? Following your advice given above? Looking under the back seat? Why would that start to happen now?

Many thanks,
Fran Ota

Tags
fuel, gauge, problem, sentra