Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Forums > > TSB’s not covered under car warranty?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 09-24-2005, 11:55 AM

Default TSB’s not covered under car warranty?

Specs
03 Sentra Gxe Auto 42,000 miles all stock parts.

Problem
Car has a “chirp” in auto transmission when shifts from 2nd to 3rd. Mostly does it when car is up to temp, and shifts around 40mph.

Solution (what the tsb says)

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB05-012.htm

My problem is a took the car in and told them about the TSB, after about hour and a half they told me they had to order ATF Treatment. The happen back in Aug 18. Now today I had a appointment to get the TSB done today ( it took over a month to get the “treatment” in). After about two hours they came back and said they were done and I owe 76.24. I said what!! I said I am still under the powertrain warranty. She says the Nissan corp doesn’t cover Fluids under the warranty. I again said I was under warranty. She ask here boss and the boss said same thing, Nissan corp doesn’t cover Fluids under the warranty. After that I paid and left, I called 1800-nissan1 and have a file # for this issue. Of course it is Friday afternoon when all this went down. So I will not get any call back in till next week. My main question is. Is this cover under warranty? Has anybody gone threw this issue with Nissan? Another big thing is I never sign anything that says they can work on my car / preliminary estimate. Can anyone give my advice on this issue. What does the Claim information mean on the TSB. Thanks for the help ya'll.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

It should be cover; I'm sure that when Nissan Consumers Affairs gets back to you they’ll give you a refund.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Anonymous

I just got off the phone with Nissan corp. They are not going to cover it. I don’t under stand why. I told her I want to speak to her sup. No call back yet. Any suggestions?

Tags
car, covered, tsb’s, warranty