Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Tire Pressure Sensor Forums > > Tire Pressure Sensor Tire Pressure Sensor
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
rogue13

Angry Tire Pressure Sensor

I have a nissan rogue and the TPS light just turned on. I bought this in March of this yr and have less than 4k miles. i took it to my mechanic who assured me that the tires are fine but they could not find the reset button or how to turn it off. How do we turn off or reset the tire pressure sensor? Its quite annoying.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

u should be able to do it throught the car navi, if u cant u still got warranty take it to them dont pay out of your own pocket. we were talking about those sensors at school and they tend to be like that, telling u the pressure is low when its really not.

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 PM
rogue13

thanks sergey85. is there anything i can do to prevent it from turning on like this? or am i just stuck w/this issue?
Old 10-30-2008, 02:09 PM
2015 Rogue

you need to make sure the pressures are set to around 35 psi. If they are the light will turn off after a couple miles of driving.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:26 PM
rogmosh

mpe235 is right. Rogue manual says that you have to drive with 15mh for system to trigger the pressure check. I had to drive few miles before my light went off.

During the cold weather tire's pressure drops and you have to adjust it anyway. So this is normal for any car.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Seabcat

I have the same issue with my TPS warning light. Mine is a 2010 Rogue with 27,000 miles on it. The light went off when I had the tires filled a few times, but now it stays on. So, what you're saying is I need to have it at 35 psi at all times for the light to go off? The dealership mechanic told me the sensor is EXTRA sensitive on the Rogue, but it's annoying. Should I take it to the dealer to have it re-set or checked?
Old 10-30-2015, 04:40 AM
2012 Rogue

35PSI? My door sticker indicates 33PSI. I have the light coming on also.
2012 Rogue 60K miles
Old 11-01-2015, 02:32 PM
2013 Rogue

MPE 235 is right!
The tire light came on when it was cold, but hyway driving warmed up the tire enough to turn off.
It came on again the next day, but it was down on pressure. filled all tires to 35PSI .
Now no light. Unfortunately, the tire light doesn't indicate which tire is down.....
Old 11-03-2015, 05:19 AM
2014 Rogue
2014 Rogue SV AWD

I too am having issues with the tpms sensors or system. The weather here in Montreal is getting cooler and It's happened a couple of times where the first reading I get from the tpms sensors in the morning shows 27-28psi on all tires but no low pressure warning light comes on. I called the dealer and they told me to pass by to reset the system which I did but yet the same thing happened the next morning. Called them again and they told me that because the temperature rises slowly after the vehicule starts moving the system doesnt have time to send the low tire pressure signal since its not a continuous verification thats done.

I had doubts so i went to see another dealer and they checked everything and the mecanic told me that for the warning to activate the lowest tire pressure has to be at least 5psi inferior to the next lowest. he told me its done ike this because the warnings would happen everyday when tires are cold in cold weather so its a way to bypass the warning if all tires are below 33psi.

So this got me thinking what happens if I have a tire at 33psi another at 29psi a third at 25psi and the last one at 21psi? Does the warning come on.....been waiting for his call back for 4 days now. Does anyone here know how I can check the system beside deflating a tire to lets say 20 psi and seeing what happens. thanks
Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 AM
2012 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybee View Post
MPE 235 is right!
The tire light came on when it was cold, but hyway driving warmed up the tire enough to turn off.
It came on again the next day, but it was down on pressure. filled all tires to 35PSI .
Now no light. Unfortunately, the tire light doesn't indicate which tire is down.....
Yep, I inflated all the tires to 35psi, and the light went off. Glad I read this thread.
Just interesting to me the sticker states 33psi in all tires. Oh well learned something.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:17 PM
2011 Rogue

[QUOTE=rogue13;31288]I have a nissan rogue and the TPS light just turned on. I bought this in March of this yr and have less than 63000miles the tires are new how can I turn the light off
Old 04-09-2016, 04:28 PM
2015 Rogue

Try adjusting the tire pressures and then drive the vehicle. It should turn off by itself unless it is blinking .
Old 04-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

If inflating the tires and driving doesn't work, you'll need to get the codes read for the TPMS system. There is a manual method that you can do that involves grounding the wire in the TPMS diagnostic connector, which is located under the driver's side of the dash near the OBD II diagnostic connector (it's a white, plastic, 2-pin connector that has one wire going to it). You can find YouTube videos on the process. There's also a method to program the TPMS sensors by grounding the connector, among several other steps. Keep in mind that the trouble codes for a particular sensor are for where that sensor was when the last time the TPMS sensors were programmed. For example, you may get a code for the right-rear TPMS sensor, but if the tires were rotated once since they were programmed, the right-rear sensor is now located at the right front, if tires were rotated front to back. Sometimes you have to re-learn the sensors and erase the stored codes, drive the vehicle until the TPMS light comes on and then check the codes. If one of the sensors is dead, it may not complete the re-learn. There are tools that can check the sensor's signal, but it is typically a tool that only a shop would have. Also, the batteries in the sensors are non-replaceable and typically last 6-7 years. It is possibly that one could fail in less time just as one could last a lot longer...but 6-7 years is about average.

Tags
pressure, sensor, tire