Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
vibration in steering wheel? Forums > > vibration in steering wheel? vibration in steering wheel?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 12-22-2007, 10:09 AM
josh1978

Default vibration in steering wheel?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a little vibration in the steering wheel when driving in city traffic around 30mph. It goes away when i hit 40 mph or let off the gas. Kind of annoying since it's a brand new car. And the gas mileage isn't anything to write home about either. The first 1000 miles i'm averaging 23mpg on 80%hwy. One would expect a little better with a 4 cylinder. Satisfied but not yet thrilled with my rogue.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 AM
2015 Rogue

You could have a tire out of balance. The fuel mileage is right on target .
New MPG tests are more realistic
Regular Gasoline
City

Combined

Hwy
MPG Estimates from Drivers Like You
Learn more about
"Your MPG"

Average based on 1 vehicle.
Disclaimer
Fuel Economics
Cost to Drive 25 Miles
$3.26
Fuel to Drive 25 Miles
1.09 gal
Annual Fuel Cost*
$1958
Based on 45% highway, 55% city driving, 15000 annual miles and a fuel price of $ 3.00 per gallon . Use Your Gas Prices & Annual Miles
Annual Petroleum Consumption
(1 barrel=42 gallons)
14.9 barrels/year

NA
Size Class
Sport Utility Vehicle - 4WD
Engine Size (liters)
Cylinders
Transmission
Automatic (variable gear ratios)
Drive
4-Wheel or All-Wheel Drive
Gas Guzzler
no
Turbocharger
no
Supercharger
no
Passenger Volume
NA
Luggage Volume
NA
NA
VMODE CLKUP

ASE Master Certified.

Last edited by mpe235; 12-22-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 PM
mywJOE

The CVT is working at low gears and the RPMS go WAYYY down to save gas.. but im wondering if it will damage the engine or the transmission in the long run.. maybe something ill ask my dealership about.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Rogue

Try switching the rt ft tire to the left front and the left ft to the rt ft....i will agree sounds like a tire balance problem
also the awd soaks up about 6 mpg....but will come in handy in the winter.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:41 PM
2009 Rogue
2005 Murano
2009 rogue

Default nissan rogue vibrations

i have a vibration that starts under acceleration that Nissan North America and its dealers claim it is normal. no vibration is normal.. nissan has 9 current cvt equipped vehicles in there product line, shouldn't they all vibrate. here is a link to see the vibration they state is normal www.youtube.com/watch?v=-__bST39f90
have your dealer put your rogue up on a hoist and run it in drive. be safe
Old 12-28-2012, 06:42 AM
2010 Rogue

Default NISSAN ROGUE 2010 S AWD - Vibration problem

I have a problem on my Nissan Rogue about the vibration, before the vibration comes only when i maintain the speed of 40 to 60, now even on the highway speed i feel the vibration... does anyone experienced this kind of problem before? Does any has a recommendation? is the a balance problem?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 AM
2009 Rogue
2005 Murano
2009 rogue

Default known manufacters defect rogue

I would go to your nissan dealer and ask to see your rogue up on the hoist running at idle in drive as seen on you tube video called " nissan rogue vibrations ".. If they refuse take it to a gas station. Nissan as been aware of defect prior to the 2009 model. In my case nissan north america told dealers not to repair or inspect. And after i retain a lawyer nissan would not repair till the 39 month in the 39 month lease. I reported the defect in the second week of lease inception and it could not be repaired.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:06 AM
2010 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnissanrogue2010 View Post
I have a problem on my Nissan Rogue about the vibration, before the vibration comes only when i maintain the speed of 40 to 60, now even on the highway speed i feel the vibration... does anyone experienced this kind of problem before? Does any has a recommendation? is the a balance problem?
I've had many issues. first was at around 65-70 mph the vehicle would start to shake, and I would also feel the steering wheel rattle. I took it back to the dealer, as we speak the car is at the dealer. After the first trip to the dealer, they balanced the tires, and lubed the front end.

the extreme vibration at 65-70 it pretty much gone. But the rattling in the steering wheel has just gotten worse. I've been doing a lot of research and found the solution to rattling steering wheels can be a steering shaft problem.

People have said that even with the entire rack being replaced. the problem would go away for a while just to come back again.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:06 PM
2015 Rogue

Hello,
I have a new Rouge 2015. The vibration is annoying and it's very unpleasant to drive the car. Nissan official point is nothing wrong with the car. We designed it to vibrate. Requires many people to complaints to change Nissan attitude. Never Nissan again.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:49 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Since your new Rogue is under warranty no problem there. The only thing I can add is document every dealing you have with the dealer such as Dates, Repair Made, Person you've talked to, number of days car has been in the shop, how many times car has been in the shop in a 30 Day period. The above is crucial in the event you have to file a claim under the Lemon Law in the State you reside. Get familiar with your State's lemon law.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:10 AM
2015 Rogue

Default Rouge Vibration

I was under impression that the manufacturer stands behind the product they sell. Not in my case. They see and know the problem exists but don't want to deal with cars that either poorly designed or have defective components. I have problems with the car since day one. The tailgate mechanism was not working, Nissan could not locate a parts in USA. Eventually they removed parts from a car in stock. Engine hood was scratched. Passenger door glass makes weird noise while driving half open. The 7" control screen is loose in upper right corner.
The major problem is the vibration of the steering wheel and gas pedal. I think that this model has too many problems to be sold as is.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:22 PM
2015 Rogue
2002 Maxima

If you take it out of OD at low rpm the vibration goes away.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:46 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fid_def View Post
If you take it out of OD at low rpm the vibration goes away.
It's not a solution as the car running at high RPMs around 3000 when I let it roll. Foot removed from gas pedal

Tags
steering, vibration, wheel