Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Radio can be turned on without key Forums > > Radio can be turned on without key Radio can be turned on without key
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 09-25-2020, 03:41 PM
2017 Rogue

Default Radio can be turned on without key

Hi all,

I just found out that my radio can be turned on without the key in the ignition and it scares me. I have an S model. Nothing fancy. No push button start or anything like that. I was in the car, key was in my pocket, and I hit the power button on the radio and voila, the radio came on. Not just the display with time and phone battery/signal/Bluetooth icon, the radio came fully on. I didn’t wait long enough to see if it would turn off by itself. Instead I put the key in the ignition, started vehicle, then shut vehicle off and removed key. Display went dark and radio turned off. I’m worried that this may happen by accident ( I have two young boys, anything’s possible) and I won’t notice and the radio will suck the life out of the battery. I figured since this was a base S model, that there wouldn’t be any proximity sensors or anything that would tell the vehicle that the key is near, it’s ok to turn the radio on. Do I have an electrical problem? Could this be normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags
key, radio, turned