Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Towing 08 Rogue SL AWD Forums > > Towing 08 Rogue SL AWD Towing 08 Rogue SL AWD
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 09-12-2020, 09:13 PM
2008 Rogue

Default Towing 08 Rogue SL AWD

Hello Folks

Thanks for everyone being Here!
My question is can I tow my 08 SL AWD rogue on a tow dolly forward facing. I know the book says not to have any wheels of AWD vehicle on the ground.If i unhook the drive shaft and if it needs to be removed will do so or if it has enough movement ( ie slip joint) secure it very well. If have to remove it I will try to find a(cap,plug) dummy driveshaft to slide into the rear seal area to prevent fluid loss as the front will be elevated being on tow dolly.#2 I am on the extreme east coast as in one mile from the Atlantic ,drive to Oregon one mile from the Pacific . Tow rogue back Home about 4200 miles as the route have to take. Yes Flying out to pick up truck would be the way to go ,However due to health reasons my Bride can't fly. Thanks for any suggestions!!
Old 09-19-2020, 05:38 AM
2015 Rogue

The drive shaft can be removed without losing any fluid. It has a flange on both ends. If you must tow it with 2 wheels on the ground I would recommend it be the rear wheels with the shaft removed.

Tags
awd, rogue, towing