Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2013 Rogue: Frequent +25% STFT at Cruise RPM/Speed, why? Forums > > 2013 Rogue: Frequent +25% STFT at Cruise RPM/Speed, why? 2013 Rogue: Frequent +25% STFT at Cruise RPM/Speed, why?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 03-07-2020, 09:09 PM
2013 Rogue

Default 2013 Rogue: Frequent +25% STFT at Cruise RPM/Speed, why?

Hi,

Mine is a 2013 Nissan Rogue S. I bought it used just a while ago and have found its fuel economy to be extremely bad. Using a BlueDriver scan tool, I have discovered that my car compensates very frequently with short term fuel trims of +25% whenever and only when my car goes above 50 km/hr (~30 miles/hr):

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

There seems also to be some correlation between STFT and RPM, with the STFTs occurring only when RPM is above 1500:

My mass airflow sensor readout correlates very well with RPM, so I don't think it is faulty:

My question: what would cause a car's computer to order very regular high positive STFTs only when the car is travelling at above a certain speed and a certain RPM?

I have read at a lot of places online that the effect of vacuum leaks is most pronounced when the car is at idle but becomes less noticeable when RPM picks up. In my case, STFTs seem to increase in magnitude and frequency the higher the speed and the RPM.

What might be the source of these STFT spikes, which presumably are the reason for my car's poor fuel economy?

Thank you. I'd appreciate any input from you.

Tags
25%, cruise, frequent, rogue, stft