Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Brake pedal vibration with relatively new parts Forums > > Brake pedal vibration with relatively new parts Brake pedal vibration with relatively new parts
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 02-29-2020, 04:58 PM
2016 Rogue

Default Brake pedal vibration with relatively new parts

I have a 2016 SV AWD Rogue, 4 cylinder with about 97,500 miles. I replaced front and rear brakes and rotors at about 81,000 miles. I used top of the line from Advance Auto. They said they were equivalent to OEM. At about 91,000 miles I started to get a pulsing at pedal and vibration at steering wheel when brakes were applied. It was mainly felt at highway speeds. They did stop the car fine, though. I inspected both front and rears and they seemed ok...plenty of pad left, nothing obviously wrong with rotors. I decided to return front pads and rotors to Advance, thinking rotors may have warped. They exchanged them for new and I reinstalled. ALL WORKED GREAT after replacing until recently. At about 96,000 miles, the same problem was starting again. I'm now at 97,500 miles. It is slowly getting worse. I don't notice it when I first start driving.....only after things get "warmed" up. When I did both brake jobs, I confirmed calipers pistons moved freely. I removed caliper pins and lubed. They were moving freely. The only "issue" I had was the rubber pieces on the caliper pins seemed to be a little swollen. But the did go back in the holes and moved freely. Rubber dust covers were fine. I did not use and caliper grease on the new stainless steel hardware that the pads slide on thinking it would be a magnet for dirt or debris. I'm stumped as to what to do next. Could there some issue with the parts from Advance or am I missing something? Thanks.

Tags
brake, parts, pedal, vibration