Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2016 Rogue S clicks but won't start Forums > > 2016 Rogue S clicks but won't start 2016 Rogue S clicks but won't start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 12-09-2019, 05:29 PM
2002 Sentra
2016 ROGUE

Default 2016 Rogue S clicks but won't start

I have 61,800 miles, after my wife parked on our driver, the car refuses to start. It does not crank, only clicks when the key is turned to the start position. I tried with jump battery, charging the battery, jump starting using another vehicle and the Rogue has the same issue. Battery seems fine, I checked over 13.4 Volts, and the connectors are clean, no visible damage on the cables. I have tried to look for STARTER under car and I couldn't find it. I tried to look for STARTER RELAY in the fuse boxes and I could not find anything labeled Starter.
I recall I had similar start issue last year after the technician replaced my front windshield.
Surprisingly all other electronics work.

When I disconnect the battery completely for few hours, and later reconnect it, the car starts easily. However, later when I tried to start again Rogue gave me the same clicking noise (cold or hot).

Can you please help.

Last edited by bwilk; 12-13-2019 at 02:14 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-09-2019, 05:35 PM
2002 Sentra
2016 ROGUE

I also drive 2015 Altima and I owned 2002 Sentra for 12 years, and I had no START issues with them.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:08 PM
2015 Rogue

Hello, my car has seemingly come across this not starting issue that sounds a lot like what you’re describing. Did you ever discover the problem?? Thanks in advance!

Tags
clicks, rogue, start