Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2011 Rogue A/C and High RPMs Forums > > 2011 Rogue A/C and High RPMs 2011 Rogue A/C and High RPMs
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 07-29-2019, 12:21 PM
2011 Rogue

Exclamation 2011 Rogue A/C and High RPMs

Hello. I have a 2011 Rogue with 130,000 miles. The A/C has been giving me issues lately by shutting off when traveling at high speeds, at about 75 mph, fan continues to blow but the AC is off. It usually kicks back on once i slow down.

I've had this problem for a while and so I refrained from using for road trips and did my best to keep it off the highway. AC worked fine for about 2 weeks until it finally quit working completely due to the compressor giving out. I've since replaced the compressor, expansion valve, and drier. The issue at high speeds is still there so I quit using the AC completely to prevent damaging the new compressor, awful in south east Texas.

Could this be a sensor issues and not an AC problem? The car also seems to be having issues when shifting gears, too late or skipping completely.

Tags
a/c, high, rogue, rpms