Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2009 rogue sl awd transmission replacement Forums > > 2009 rogue sl awd transmission replacement 2009 rogue sl awd transmission replacement
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 02-05-2019, 09:32 AM
2009 Rogue
2008 Rogue

Default 2009 rogue sl awd transmission replacement

I have determined that my transmission is bad through a painful process of replacing the differential gears and transfer case, something in the transmission has gone bad where it feels like gears are not in sync or something, not sure and at this point I am thinking it maybe less expensive to replace it with a used one. Well through the process of trying to find a replacement I learned that their are many different ones and one of the major things that is hurting my search is California emissions vs federal, I have California emissions and it seems that their are many more federal emission transmissions available. My question to anybody with some knowledge on this is, will a federal emissions transmission work in a California emissions car? Can I get it reprogrammed? Does the transmission require reprogramming in the whether you replace it with federal or California emissions? I would appreciate any advice or information to enlighten me in this matter, I do not want order the wrong transmission, but if I can make the federal version work I would have more options.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:27 PM
2008 Rogue
2009 Rogue
2008 Rogue SL

How many miles on that 2009? I heard that the warranty was extended for transmission woes on the 2009 Rogue; 10 years or 120,000 mi.

Tags
awd, replacement, rogue, transmission