Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Blower/fan issue Forums > > Blower/fan issue Blower/fan issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 01-30-2019, 02:52 AM
2014 Rogue

Default Blower/fan issue

HI All! I am new here. A first time Nissan owner - 2014 Nissan Rogue S.

We have had a long cold snap here. Last week, at -37C, my fan stopped working in the car. Not impressive as everything was frosted/iced over. I took it to the dealer and they told me they had 6 other Rogues in that day with the same issue. Apparently, ice and snow get into the cabin filter and fry the resistor (?). Whatever....it was a $285 repair (I am just out of warranty). 3 days later, it stopped working. This time, it was a fuse. Today (4 days after the fuse issue), it stopped working again. The dealership's response was 'What do you want us to do about it?" The conversation went downhill after that and I left to find another mechanic. On the way, the fan suddenly started working. Quite well, actually. So I turned around and went home. Not sure what to do...I didn't go to the other mechanic because it's hard to fix an issue that he can't witness, kwim?

Anyhow....I was told there were an large number of resistors as of that first Monday morning but by Tuesday, there were none left in Ontario. Which to me, says there is a widespread issue. The service manager refused to contact Nissan Canada to see if there was a known issue and/or report an issue and see if there was some compensation to those of us who are experiencing this.

My purpose here is to ask if anyone else has had this problem and what was the final diagnosis and fix? I have an e-mail in to Nissan Canada myself...just waiting to hear.

TIA for any responses!
Old 02-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

In the US, there's a Nissan customer hotline, 1-800-NISSAN-1. I'm not sure if that works for Canada, too. Another resource is Nissan's Facebook page. If you complain about something on their page, they'll usually respond and try to help or direct you to where you can get assistance. On another note, there was a Nissan TSB, # NTB17-028, which addresses diagnosing the blower motor. It states that personal devices, such as USB chargers, 12v chargers, etc., should be unplugged or removed from vehicle when verifying or diagnosing customer concerns regarding blower operation. They don't really mention much more about it. You can look it up in the "knowledge base" under service bulletins, if you want to look it up.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:46 PM
2014 Rogue

Thanks so much! I will check that out. Every bit of information is appreciated!

Nissan is now working with the dealer. Apparently the problem they are finding is that ice/snow is getting down through the cowling at the front of the car (vents by the passenger side windshield) and into the blower. We drive, it melts. Our extreme cold temps are causing that resulting water to freeze once the vehicles are parked and the result is fried resistors, fuses, and sometimes the actual blower motor. I'm paraphrasing...I'm good with numbers, not mechanics lol! So the idenfitication of the problem is great to know....but not so great to deal with. I am told they are working on a solution but who knows when that will come. In the meantime, I can only cover up that vent when the car isn't in use and hope for the best.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:20 AM
2017 Rogue

I had my 2018 Rogue in that day for a recall. The folks asked right away if my heater was not working. I said it is working fine, that day they had about a dozen folks in because their heater quit working because of the problem you mentioned. They said that make sure when you run your heater in cold weather that the air in cabin is on recirculate not coming from outside. I expect a recall on this once they figure out what the problem is. Not enough cold weather testing I guess.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:13 PM
2014 Rogue

I finally got a response (of sorts) from my local dealer. Apparently Nissan has a mesh somethingorother to be installed somewhere to help prevent ice and snow getting into the blower. The dealer had no idea how to get it or what the cost is. He was going to see about getting it in....and my response was that it should be no cost as it’s obviously a Nissan issue. I’ll wait to see
How *that* works out 🙄🤣
Old 07-25-2022, 08:37 AM
2017 Rogue

I have a 2017 rogue and i had the same problem it just stops blowing sometime but I found rhat if you wack the s"^r out of the blower motor cover located just left of passagers side floor board it starts right up.

Tags
blower/fan, issue