Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Help!!!!! Forums > > Help!!!!! Help!!!!!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 12-28-2018, 06:58 AM
2008 Rogue

Default Help!!!!!

New to the forum, thanks for having me. I'll make it brief. Cvt transmission quit working. It's a 2008 that we bought in 2015. 135,000 miles. Owe $5800.00 dollars on the car. Out of warranty. Got a quote for $3,700 to replace tranny.

Called Nissan USA, lady was nice, did some research on the model, vin # etc. Told me because of the mileage and year, that there was nothing she could do. After searching the internet, I realized that this is a BIG issue for Nissan.

My questions are. Is it worth my time to contact a big wig at Nissan and raise hell to try to help me?

In your opinion, is it worth replacing transmission? Or try to get a dealer to get me out of this mess.
Thank you in advance.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:23 PM
2015 Rogue

You probably won't get anywhere with Nissan due to the mileage. Nissan will usually help up to 120,000 miles. After that they don't offer any assistance. It may be worth getting a quote on a used transmission. It should save you some money.