Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2014 Rogue Headlight low out - Not bulb nor wiring Forums > > 2014 Rogue Headlight low out - Not bulb nor wiring 2014 Rogue Headlight low out - Not bulb nor wiring
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 11-11-2018, 07:38 AM
2014 Rogue

Default 2014 Rogue Headlight low out - Not bulb nor wiring

Hi.
I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue which has its driver side headlight low is out. The passenger site headlight low is working as well as both high beams are working. In reading through these posts and other sites it seems like the IPDM unit is the issue. However before I go that route I would appreciate some help with troubleshooting.

This what I have done so far;

I replaced the bulb, that did not correct the issue I checked all the fuses in the IPDM unit.

I did not see any other fused which were labeled for the headlights anywhere else between the two other fuse boxes, the one under the dash and the other one in the Engine Room next to the IPDM unit. All fuses are good.

I checked the harness which did not have any issues.

When I turn the steering column switch I hear the relays click and the passenger side headlight low comes on with the parking lights on top of both headlights but the driver side headlight low is out.

When I push the steering column switch for highbeams, both left and right highbeams work and I hear relays click.

I checked the IPDM board solder connections and they all look clean and secure with no discoloration.

I wiggled and checked the plugs into the IPDM and they are all tight. I even went as far as to check each wire going into the plugs and they too are all good.

I did see someone mentioned another board under the dash driver side. That too looks to be in good and solid condition.

Is there something I missed ? I would appreciate any advice or direction I should take to get this working.
Thanks in advance for reading this through and look forward to your help.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

There are four fuses for the headlamps in the IPDM if I remember correctly (one for each high beam and one for each low beam). If the fuses are good and you confirm power going through them with a 12v test lamp..and you've already confirmed the harness to the bulb socket is good and the bulb is good...there is an internal failure (open circuit) of the IPDM not allowing the power to go from the fuse to the wire that feeds the low beam on that particular side. Yours is not the first Rogue to have this problem, so it sounds like you are on the right track!
Old 11-13-2018, 06:26 PM
2014 Rogue

Hi smj999smj,
Okay that is what I thought but needed confirmation that I was doing things correctly. I'll contact the dealer tomorrow to confirm the correct module to purchase. I will also inquire about any recalls for this since the more I look the more I find. Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your help!
Old 11-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguejoe View Post
Hi smj999smj,
Okay that is what I thought but needed confirmation that I was doing things correctly. I'll contact the dealer tomorrow to confirm the correct module to purchase. I will also inquire about any recalls for this since the more I look the more I find. Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your help!

You could also purchase it at an online dealer's site. NissanPartsDeal.com let's you look up parts by VIN and are discounted from what you typically pay over the counter at your local dealer. CourtesyParts.com is also very good.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:11 PM
2014 Rogue

Will do. Thanks again smj!!

Tags
bulb, headlight, low, rogue, wiring