Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
recommended maintenance Forums > > recommended maintenance recommended maintenance
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 07-23-2018, 04:20 PM
2016 Rogue

Default recommended maintenance

So I'm getting ready to take my 2016 Rogue SV AWD to the dealer for 15K mile scheduled service and they say their service includes replacing engine oil and filter, cabin air filter, engine air filter, rotating/balancing the tires, and performing an alignment for a grand total of right at $300.

Seems high to me - I can do the air filters - and I don't see anywhere in Nissan's maintenance schedule that an alignment is recommended - at 15K miles or any time.

What's up with that? Is this normal? I've never seen this before with any of the many vehicles I've had, including other Nissans from the same dealer...
Old 07-23-2018, 05:14 PM
2015 Rogue

That sounds about right. If you look in your owner's manual you will see that Nissan also recommends a brake fluid exchange at that mileage.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:29 PM
2016 Rogue

Thanks. We did have a run in with a cement mixer a while back so it might be worth doing the alignment anyway. No major damage but we narrowly avoided being t-boned and the only contact was a very minor scrape on the rear driver's side bumper by the truck's front bumper - I was going through an intersection and looked up to see the grille of the cement mixer (literally all I could see) coming at me. Apparently he did not see that he had the red light. I floored it and swung the wheel - actually burned rubber getting out of the way which is pretty hard in a Rogue....but that could be grounds for an alignment - not that the dealer knows anything about this incident.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:58 AM
2012 Rogue

You are under no obligation to have any of that work done at the dealership. Call around and get quotes from other repair shops. Or if you're mechanically inclined and want to do your own work, you only need to save the receipts showing the work was done.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:14 AM
2016 Rogue

I ended up having the dealer to the oil change (because my garage is full of stuff right now) and the alignment. I did the filters and saved us about $50.

Tags
maintenance, recommended