Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2018 Rogue Sport No Spark, No Start Forums > > 2018 Rogue Sport No Spark, No Start 2018 Rogue Sport No Spark, No Start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 07-01-2018, 12:33 PM
2017 Rogue

Default 2018 Rogue Sport No Spark, No Start

The 2018 Rogue Sport (I have the manual online) has no spark. Power comes from the fuse after the relay in the IPDM-ER. I have continuity to the coil from the pin, but it drops all battery voltage. It runs through a capacitor, Nissan calls it a condenser. I'm not sure what to think with 3000 miles. I saw a couple videos changing it on older miles with corrosion. This is not the case. It has 3000 miles and has not been touched. What am I over looking?
Old 07-01-2018, 01:06 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickma71 View Post
The 2018 Rogue Sport (I have the manual online) has no spark. Power comes from the fuse after the relay in the IPDM-ER. I have continuity to the coil from the pin, but it drops all battery voltage. It runs through a capacitor, Nissan calls it a condenser. I'm not sure what to think with 3000 miles. I saw a couple videos changing it on older miles with corrosion. This is not the case. It has 3000 miles and has not been touched. What am I over looking?
It should be under warranty unless it has a salvage title.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:15 PM
2017 Rogue

Thank you for looking, but I already know that. I am looking for logic on the Nissan ignition system. Not knowing is ok. I don't know either.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:30 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickma71 View Post
Thank you for looking, but I already know that. I am looking for logic on the Nissan ignition system. Not knowing is ok. I don't know either.
How are you testing it? What pin at the coil are you testing for power. Have you checked for ground at the coil. What is the history on the vehicle. Sounds like you are leaving out information. When did the vehicle stop running? Was it in an accident. Have you checked the signal wire to the coil using an oscilloscope to verify it is receiving a signal from the ecm?
Old 07-02-2018, 11:31 AM
2017 Rogue

How do I know it has no spark? Is that what you mean by testing? Or did you mean the Fluke?

2 ways, grounding the plug, and seeing all 4 plugs soaked in fuel.

I opened up my Nissan account for the fleet and looked at the diagram this morning. The PCM activates the transistor. It is the base in the transistor.

I appreciate you all looking. I have many other things going on.

Tags
rogue, spark, sport, start