Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
XM Radio Issue in 2017 Rogue Forums > > XM Radio Issue in 2017 Rogue XM Radio Issue in 2017 Rogue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 05-17-2018, 12:24 PM
2017 Rogue

Default XM Radio Issue in 2017 Rogue

Since 2 weeks after purchase, when listening to XM Radio there will be an "electrical Pop" noise and the entire radio system powers off abruptly and the clock resets back to 1:00. I have to physically push the power button on the radio in order for anything to power back on. Lose all me pre-programmed stations as well. It does this randomly, no pattern. Dealer has had the car 3x times, replaced the radio and now tells me it's a software update issue that I have to wait for them to create. It's been 6 months so far! Anyone else have the same problem? And if so what have you been told by Nissan?
Old 05-18-2018, 06:50 AM
2017 Rogue

Default XM Pop update

Picked up my Rogue from dealer this morning after they had it for 4 days. While they had it trying to diagnose and fix, they had asked my about my phone and if I use the Bluetooth. I thought at first this was odd, but upon getting the car back today, I tested that theory (and recorded it). Within 4 minutes of turning XM on, the radio "popped" off. Then I turned the Bluetooth feature off and drove for 35 minutes- no pop. Turned the Bluetooth back on and with 4 minutes it popped again. First time dealer had the car (in November 2017) they saw the pop- but I was in the lobby with my phone probably still connected to Bluetooth. The last 3x it's been there- I have dropped the car off and left and they haven't been able to replicate it since. So obviously there is some connection with the Bluetooth and XM Radio feature-but WHY am I the only one that can figure this out!
Old 05-18-2018, 05:27 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkeaney View Post
Picked up my Rogue from dealer this morning after they had it for 4 days. While they had it trying to diagnose and fix, they had asked my about my phone and if I use the Bluetooth. I thought at first this was odd, but upon getting the car back today, I tested that theory (and recorded it). Within 4 minutes of turning XM on, the radio "popped" off. Then I turned the Bluetooth feature off and drove for 35 minutes- no pop. Turned the Bluetooth back on and with 4 minutes it popped again. First time dealer had the car (in November 2017) they saw the pop- but I was in the lobby with my phone probably still connected to Bluetooth. The last 3x it's been there- I have dropped the car off and left and they haven't been able to replicate it since. So obviously there is some connection with the Bluetooth and XM Radio feature-but WHY am I the only one that can figure this out!
There is a service bulletin for this to update the radio software. The dealer should have done that bulletin.
What kind of phone are you using?
Old 05-19-2018, 10:42 AM
2017 Rogue

[QUOTE=mpe235;104419]There is a service bulletin for this to update the radio software. The dealer should have done that bulletin.
What kind of phone are you using?[/QUOTE
Using a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge. I have Nissan consumer affairs involved also and they can't even tell me when the fix will be available.

Tags
2017, issue, radio, rogue