Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Rouge 2014: battery light on Forums > > Nissan Rouge 2014: battery light on Nissan Rouge 2014: battery light on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 01-12-2018, 01:38 PM
2014 Rogue

Default Nissan Rouge 2014: battery light on

Hi All,

So bought this Nissan rouge 2014 in Oct which was on 3 year lease before with 60k km.

first it was a TPMS problem which they fixed by changing the sensor. so last week when I was taking the car to visit some place for an appt it was all fine for like 15/20mins on the way and just when I was about the park there the battery light turned on in the dashboard. Since it was crazy cold (-35c) week in Montreal I thought the battery might get cold or something but didn't make much sense as why after almost 20mins of drive.

Came back from there with battery on all the way. Did a boost of the battery by CAA and the person said to drive for 30mins without turning on any heating and all that might consume battery and it will go away. Imagine outside temp -35c and you are to do that. anyway I did drive for some time but still its there.

Took to service centre and drop it there for fix. So they called me later that day and said do I have remote starter because they need to remove my current one and install remote starter option which will be outside warranty and I have to pay $600. I was confused as how remote starter has anything to do with battery plus mine doesn't even have that remote starter option to begin with. I asked to to fix with within warranty and I don't want remote starter. Then they seemed pissed and said come over then, its fixed. So now I am totally puzzled as how come it got immediately fixed in 5secs. When asked the guy he said it was a program error we fixed it.

Went there after 5pm and started the car and guess what. Battery light is on. Just because I am within warranty so I am going to the dealer otherwise would have never. Need to take it back again to see what they can do to fix it properly.

I have attached the description of work they did.

Any suggestions/help on this?

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Rouge 2014: battery light on-20180112_173317-jpg   Nissan Rouge 2014: battery light on-20180112_171836-jpg   Nissan Rouge 2014: battery light on-20180112_171829-jpg  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:28 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

The battery warning light means the battery is not charging. You can verify the battery voltage with a Voltmeter or Multi-Meter set to DC Volts before starting the engine. It should read 12v - 12.6v. Either: (1) Battery is no good and must be replaced, (2) Alternator/Generator has failed and not charging the battery. With voltmeter and engine running, turn on your headlights, fog lights if equipped, radio, heater on high,turn signal and take voltage reading. It should read at least 14v - 14.5 (3) Drive belt is worn or lose. Since the car starts and run may be we can rule this out but still need an inspection.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:23 PM
2014 Rogue

thanks bennyb53 for the reply.
I believe they have checked all those and didn't find any clues. I attached 3 screenshots in my first post of the checking and findings.

Since its under warranty I don't want to take it to my own mechanic; may be try a different nissan service center?

thanks
Old 01-14-2018, 05:31 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

You might try calling the Nissan customer service hotline and have them suggest another dealer. It'll start a report on the problem at the same time.

Tags
battery, light, nissan, rouge