Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2015 Rogue a/c heater blower noise Forums > > 2015 Rogue a/c heater blower noise 2015 Rogue a/c heater blower noise
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 11-18-2017, 04:13 PM
2015 Rogue

Default 2015 Rogue a/c heater blower noise

The day before I brought my vehicle in to the dealership for the yearly inspection there was no unusual noises. I did not turn on the A/C that day however did the next day and there was noise. It started out loud then evened out to just annoying but doable. I knew that I would need to return for oil change to continue with the Dealerships engine for life warranty and I have to work around my work schedule to return, so I set up the next appointment and described the issue and after 2 visits I was told the blower is filled with leaves so to clean it out it would cost $440. It is still under warranty however debris in the blower isn't. Oh and the in cabin filter needs changing, which is $85. I have a 2003 Altima and have never had any issues like this. I can count on both hands how many times I have used the a/c in my 2003 Altima and this was my second time using it on my 2015 Rogue. My claustrophobia sets in when I roll up the windows, so I don't use the a/c it was used the day before because I was driving my husband somewhere, and the day after for same reason. Anyway, I noticed a mess left behind on my dashboard when the old inspection sticker was scrapped off and new one applied so I think someone dropped something down into the vent, which caused this noise and now that I said something to the dealership they are saying trash isn't covered in the warranty. For them to tell me that the trash is being pulled in through the in cabin filter sounds to me lIke a design flaw. Has anyone else had this issue because I have lost my patience with the service department and I'm at the point that
I probably won't purchase another Nissan. This is my third one and I did not have anything like this happen with my 2003 Altima or my 2006 Sentra, both which I still own and still driving.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

On the Altima and Sentra, the cabin filters are before the blower fan, so they would keep the leaves out of the motor. I'm not sure how the Rogue is designed, though.

Tags
a/c, blower, heater, noise, rogue