Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Problem with A/C on 2014 Rogue Forums > > Problem with A/C on 2014 Rogue Problem with A/C on 2014 Rogue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 06-09-2015, 10:11 AM
2014 Rogue
2007 Maxima

Default Problem with A/C on 2014 Rogue

We purchased our 2014 Rogue last February, and got through last summer with no issues with our a/c. Now, this year, the a/c is definitely not working, and Nissan still has no clue what the issue is after looking at the car 4 times.

What happens is that the car will blow cold air (for instance 68 degrees on an 84 degree day) with the a/c button lit up and the recirc air button lit up. Then after a random amount of time, it just switches to outside air, and I cannot get it to switch back to recirc, even after pressing the button several times. This happened yesterday on an 84 degree day with the a/c temp at 62 degrees at full blast, so it obviously is not an issue with the temperature.

Nissan first said it was the temperature sensor, which they replaced, and the a/c continued to do this, a couple of hours after I left the dealership. My husband went back a second time, and they said the freon was half a pound low, so they fixed that, and then flushed the a/c system with dye to see if it was leaking or had holes, and found that was not the issue. Even after this, the a/c still continues to not work, switching to outside air and blowing cool/lukewarm air.

We brought it back to them a third time a couple of weeks ago, and they called one of their higher level engineers to test the car. They claim they drove it for 40 miles on highways and all over the area and that the a/c worked, and it never switched to outside air. I'm at a loss with this situation because they are telling me that unless the problem doesn't duplicate when the car is in their possession, they don't know how to fix it. It's really annoying because this is the summertime, and it's a relatively new car. I had a Toyota Corolla for 10 years, and never ever had an issue with the a/c not working.

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar issue on a Rogue, and what they were able to do. The problem has gotten worse in the last couple days, so I am hoping it will just duplicate, and then I can drive it right to the Nissan dealer when it happens so that I can physically show them what is happening.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:54 PM
2015 Rogue

Is your Rouge equipped with the automatic claimant control or manual control? If it's automatic and AUTO is selected, depends on the out side temperature, it will tend to use outside air in order to avoid the inside air to become stale. I have a 2015 Rouge and after some time the AUTO mode will switch from recirculate to outside air. I see same thing with my other car, 2007 Suzuki Gran Vitara; when set to auto it will start with recirculate and after a while will switch to out side air if the temp is below 85 F.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:05 AM
2014 Rogue
2007 Maxima

The climate control can either be set to Auto or manual, but it blows outside air after awhile despite which setting it's on. Also, when it switches to outside air, the air blowing from the vents is not cold or even cool. It seems more stale actually, and not hot or warm but lukewarmish. On a hot day, I have to turn off the a/c when it does this, and then drive with the windows open, because it becomes almost unbearable in the car with the warmer outside air blowing throughout the car.

I would think that it would continue to blow cool/cold air on a hot day, regardless of the temperature inside? I am just confused because I have never had this happen on any other vehicle that I have owned, including our Maxima. on my Toyota Corolla that I had for 10 years, this never happened, unless i physically switched to outside air manually.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:08 AM
2015 Rogue

That is correct, it should always blow cold air regardless of the air input setting. My guess is that some how the by pass valve for the internal heater is not closed all the way causing to air condition cold air to warm up once it pass the heater element.

I would go to another Nissan dealer and I would ask them to re check the system make sure the heater is not working along with the air condition.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:11 PM
2015 Rogue

Have them check for the evaporator freezing over. we saw one at the shop today with the same problem.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:53 PM
2014 Rogue

Default Nissan Rogue 2014 A/C problems

Just so your not alone, my Rogue is h.aving the same problem it has been in 7 times so I have had enough, going to CAMVAP TO GET BACK MY MONEY.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:28 AM
2014 Rogue

I am have repetitive problems with evaporator coil freezing up after
driving at highway speeds for any time over 45 minutes.. dealer can't duplicate so no fix. this is very frustrating. I think it has to do with air passing over coil... not pressures. I can't believe I am the only one with this issue... any suggestions?
Old 02-22-2017, 04:12 PM
2015 Rogue

I have a 2015 that is having the same issues. It will be working fine, then AC will stop blowing cold. Drive another few minutes, and the AC will start blowing cold again. It is very random and unpredictable. I've taken it to the dealership and they couldn't duplicate it, so I am stuck dealing this this until it fully stops working. This car has less than 10k miles and was purchased new. As I do a Google searches, more and more people are complaining about AC issues on the 2014-2016 Rouge. Nissan acts they have never heard of any issues. That is bull crap and they need to find a solution.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:21 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Document your dealings with the dealership. Dates, reason of your visit, what was discussed, what was done. Has the issue been resolved. In most states, three visits to the dealership for the same issue and not resolved within a 30 day period, you may be able to invoke the Lemon Law. Also know your state's Lemon Law.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:56 AM
2014 Rogue

I have a case customer service. My problem is definitely the evaporator coil freezing over. You can hear fan blowing but no air out of vents. O/S temp doesn't seem that relevant. I have to turn off ac or put heat on to thaw out. I took a video last week in my driveway after 20 minutes driving home and it stopped working showing the heater on 90 deg. , fan on high, and water leaking from under console passenger side and water streaming out of ac drain under car...we all no what issue is, just not why... And so far they will not open up to look. Maybe this Monday when I take it back for third time...
Old 03-01-2017, 06:15 AM
2014 Rogue

OK, dropped off car West Palm Nissan yesterday morning. Factory Rep looked at car (because I have a case started). And they are in process of replacing entire evaporator coil housing assy under extended warranty. $100 deductible to me. ( that gold Nissan extended warranty just paid for itself.. Unfortunate I need one but..) I expect this will fix it but proof will be in the pudding so to speak. I'll update later... Hopefully because problem solved..
Old 03-11-2017, 01:07 PM
2014 Rogue

Took the car to Ft Myers last weekend. ac worked great so replacing evaporator coil housing assy seems to have fixed it! Yay!

Ed B
Old 03-23-2017, 04:38 AM
2015 Rogue

Had same problem since August. Took it right to dealer so they could witness left side blowing warm right side blowing cold. They said to bring it in the filling week to have it fixed. They replaced the control system. Two days later same problem. Took it back and they told me they could not reproduce problem. 5 visits and 6 months later after screaming and losing my cool. I spoke to the manager and told him not picking up the car until it's fixed. He went to area service manager who researched issue. Found many more with same complaint. Also found all complaints were from same model number. Since both of my replacements were same model they both didn't work. They found the solution for other vehicles to replace with different model number made after November 2016. Solution at last!
Old 07-10-2017, 01:20 PM
2014 Rogue

Default Rouge AC issue

Our Rogue is doing the exact same thing and has for awhile but I get the same line " will will have to be able to duplicate the issue" It seems to me Nissan knows there is an issue - NISSAN why no recall?

Has anyone had luck getting this repaired and what did it cost?

thanks!
Old 07-25-2018, 04:54 PM
2014 Rogue
2005 Altima Sedan

Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebol5 View Post
OK, dropped off car West Palm Nissan yesterday morning. Factory Rep looked at car (because I have a case started). And they are in process of replacing entire evaporator coil housing assy under extended warranty. $100 deductible to me. ( that gold Nissan extended warranty just paid for itself.. Unfortunate I need one but..) I expect this will fix it but proof will be in the pudding so to speak. I'll update later... Hopefully because problem solved..

Hello there Ebol5

I live in West Palm Beach as well and sadly the A/C in my rogue is not working, I'm planning in taking to a local dealer but I'm out of luck I don't have an extended warranty...Do you have a service advisor's name at the dealer you went?? and do you remember how much was the total amount??? I've been doing a research and before stomping to this threat I was thinking in replacing the evaporator sensor before bitting the bullet and take it to the stealership

D jai

Tags
nissan, a/c, air, car, issue, button, problem, time, couple, rogue, back, recirc, duplicate, temperature, times, lit, working, degrees, degree, day, level, telling, called, higher, switched