Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2013 Rogue makes buzzing sound with light acceleration - HELP Forums > > 2013 Rogue makes buzzing sound with light acceleration - HELP 2013 Rogue makes buzzing sound with light acceleration - HELP
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 09-27-2020, 07:33 AM
2013 Rogue

Default 2013 Rogue makes buzzing sound with light acceleration - HELP

Hello all,

I have a 2013 Rogue with 83k miles on it. Bought it around 60k miles. For the last few months I've had a buzzing sound with light acceleration, usually from 20 to 40mph. I've had an oil change in last week in which they changed serpentine belt. Had a mechanic friend check it out and he thinks it is water pump but took it to another shop and they said water pump is fine. They changed the passenger control arm which I don't think has anything to do with it. I'm sort of at a loss for what is causing the issue. I've read in other forums about it being an issue with heat shield. Can anyone help? Below are two links to short videos where you can hear it.

Buzzing Sound 1 - YouTube

https://youtu.be/W90uQOZrj8o
Old 09-30-2020, 02:34 AM
2015 Rogue

Sounds like the heat shield on the front exhaust tube. Look closely at the areas where the shield is welded to the pipe. They usually come loose at the welds. When you find the area put a hose clamp around it to secure the shield.

Tags
buzzing, light, makes, rogue, sound