Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2010 Rogue External Temperature Indicator Forums > > 2010 Rogue External Temperature Indicator 2010 Rogue External Temperature Indicator
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
mrusinko

Default 2010 Rogue External Temperature Indicator

Recently bought this 2010 Rogue (360 package) which does not have the external air temperature indicator. After looking at the center digital indicator where it shows the fuel level and engine temp, it seemed that this gauge is probably has all the same features/displays as the higher models and MIGHT be capable of hooking up the external air temp sensor to somewhere under the dash. I haven't been able to find anyone that has tried this or if it's even possible. I called our local Nissan dealership where I bought it, but the service dept said they'd have to look to see IF the wiring is there or not.... Not sure if it is possible to buy the sensor/wiring and plug it into the computer or port.... Don't know if it would require programming also... Any information would help... I've looked at the aftermarket indicators, but would rather have it on the manufacturer's display if it's possible and not a ton of money to do it. If I've got to go with an aftermarket indicator, please recommend one that might look good with the rogue instrument panel or other mounting location.
thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Mike
Old 04-03-2011, 08:10 AM
RWeis

I just puchased a 2010 360. I will be interested inthe response when you get it.

Bob Weis
Old 05-14-2011, 11:00 AM
kygene

Default 2010 Rogue External Temperature Indicator

Ditto here. I have looked all over and have yet to find any info. My dealer is looking into as well. I will post the results if they can tell me anything.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Rougeist

Trust me: Very complicated which will lead to being expensive for adding this screen with a few numbers! I have the 2011 Rogue and I'd radther watch the weather forecast even though it is useful sometimes!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:08 PM
2008 Rogue
2008 Rogue

I have the same question. It seems that in the U.S. nobody knows, but in Russian forums I've got one response from a guy who installed the sensor into his either X-Trail or Qashkai, I will try to figure out more.
On my 2008 Rogue, there is a wiring for the outside temperature sensor, but the sensor is missing. In Russian forums I also found the information that it's not enough to install the gauge, you need to program the ECU then with the "consult" diagnostic device.

Tags
2010, external, indicator, rogue, temperature