Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Quest - Front blower not "Blowing" Forums > > 2007 Quest - Front blower not "Blowing" 2007 Quest - Front blower not "Blowing"
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 11-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Brianx

Default 2007 Quest - Front blower not "Blowing"

Hi all, been a while. Well the latest issue we have with out 07 Quest (I dumped the 04 in hopes that the 07 will restore my faith, yeah right) is that the Front blower motor does not work. I fiddled around with all the knobs, and buttons, tried multiple configs, recycle air, AC on\AC off..you name it I did it. I even restarted the van multiple times figuring a quick reboot will help bring the blower back on line as it worked a few times in the summer when we had no AC from the front.

Anyway, we took it to the dealer and he witnessed the condition and then what do ya know...as he's driving it into the shop the blower kicks in. Anyway..he checked all the connectors and all looks well he said. Said that if it happens again bring it back in and he will start swaping out parts.

I know the next time it happens there will be 1" of ice on the windshield and I'll be stuck. Any tips or info will be greatlyt appreciated.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Brianx

Hi all, a quick update here. Got the van back after 5 days being at the dealership. They worked really hard to find the issue (they are a great dealership, I trust them totally, mechanic is awsome, really nice fella). Anyway, he said the blower AMP was faulty and they ordered the part and replaced it (under warranty), he also changed a connector for this part as it was aslo a bit dodgy. So far so good, we have heat. Lets see how things hold up. Until next time take care.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Thanks for letting us know Brianx!!
Old 12-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Brianx

Default Another update...

Well, just when things looked good and the blower was fixed the issue has reared its ugly head again today!! Sooooo, I called the dealer, the tech who seviced the van was not available but the svc mgr said he will call him at home and call me directly on my cell. I wanted him to call me to see if there was anything I could to to get the heat going as I was 50 miles from home and needed heat. He called my cell and said pop the console where the clock is loctaed and inside there is a wire connector. He said give it a wiggle and see what happens. Well... what do ya know, I poped the console, wiggled the wire and the blower kicked in :) I'll be taking the van back again for another new connector !!. I'll let you all know how I make out.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:58 AM
Brianx

UPDATE: Dealer called me back last night, said that the need to keep the car over night as the problem appears to be deeper in the dashboard. Said something like another connector issue. They said what appears to be happening is the connector ends up expanding due to exsessive heat build up on the connection and then the connection is broke, and then the blower fails.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Sounds like one super dealership!

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 12-30-2007, 04:15 AM
Brianx

Default Latest update

Got the van back today. I spoke to the technician and he explained that due to the heat build up in the connectors and the resulting expansion in the connecotrs he removed the connecotrs and "Hired Wired" the connection to the blower motor!

Im not quite sure what to make of this, but the blower motor is working. My concern is why the heat build up to begin with?

Well, time will tell. His comment is if this happens again he will have to replace the actual blower itself!! Yikes!!. This means the entire dashboard must come out. Great...this is truly disapointing. I'll keep ya updated.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
My concern is why the heat build up to begin with?
Sometimes due to excessive resistance built up in the blower motor or poor ground in the system.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Brianx

Aaaaaggggghhhhhh ! I cant take this anymore. The blower has failed again and its 5 freaking degrees outside. My wife just called on her way back from girls scouts with the little she's pissed as hell. There no freaking heat !!!

This will be the fourth time at attempting to fix this issue. I can’t tolerate this anymore. I really think its time to pursue the NJ Lemon Law. I’ve completely had it with this van. I’m going to call the manager of the dealership and start with him because this is ridiculous.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Brianx

Default Some closure I hope...

Well I finally think they licked it. The technician pulled out the dash and replaced the entire blower motor and all associated connectors. Said he found a melted connection in the blower motor. A defective blower motor he said, time will tell.

They gave me the van back fully detailed, nice and shiny inside and out, god bless them. I really do like the dealership. They always go the xtra mile for me.

Wish me luck that the cell does not ring with the wife yelling down the phone about no heat as she is stranded some where. later.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:48 AM
2004 Quest
2004 Quest SE

I've read of this issue on other boards too. But, I've not read of anyone getting the issue solved. Let us know how it goes.

It happned to ours, but, then was summer and AC wouldn't blow. However, after about 1/2 mile (smooth road, driving less than 30), ours came back on and the AC cooled normally. No further problems in 5 months.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Brianx

So far so good folks. Happy to report there have been no issues.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:49 AM
2008 Quest
2008 Quest

Ughh. I've had my blower motor replaced on my 2008 Quest SL, and I continue to lose heat as I drive--usually about 20- to 30-minutes into a highway drive especially. Dealership could never get it to replicate. And now for the first time ever, I'm losing A/C while driving too. And the icing on the cake was that the other day while it was cool and rainy, my windshield fogged up and the window defroster wasn't doing its job either because it wasn't able to blow cooled air. I am so frustrated. And of course the car is out of warranty, and I no longer go to the dealership for repairs, but I do have all my papers saying over and over again how I lose heat while driving. I feel like it is a thermostat issue, but who knows. But this is going to be a big issue when winter comes. The blower is working, just not producing the right air temperature.
2000 Nissan Altima GLE - Traded in at ~100K
1993 Nissan Altima GLE - (first year they made Altimas) Engine Died at ~100K
Old 08-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

If this issue has been an on-going problem since it was in warranty and you have paperwork to prove it, you may be able to get the dealer to "Goodwill warranty" the repair or at least come to reasonable solution for the repair. You also might have some legal recourse under the lemon law, but they are different for each state and you would be best to talk to an attorney in regards to options, if any. It wouldn't hurt to call the service manager of the dealer that did the repair, however, they will probably want to look at the vehicle, first, and probably on your dime until they figure out what it is. But, there is always a chance that they might help you out. You could also complain to Nissan's customer service hotline @ 1-800-NISSAN-1 (RE: squeaky wheel gets the grease!).
It's hard to exactly understand what your current problem is by your description. Blower fans do no produce heat or air conditioning and have nothing to do with the temperature of the air coming out of the vents. The only thing the blower does is move the air through the system. A weak blower fan motor will result in low air output from the vents. Another thing that can impede air flow is a clogged cabin air filter, which could be worth checking if it has been over 15000 miles since it has been replaced.
Air temperature is a different issue and can be caused by any of a number of things. Low heat issues can be caused by a faulty thermostat causing the coolant to next get hot enough to heat the air sufficiently through the heater core. Clogged heater cores are pretty rare these days, but can occur if the cooling system if poorly maintained. Then there is the actuators, which direct the flow of air through the heater cores (or bypass it) and direct the airflow to the appropriate location (floor, defroster, etc.); there are several actuators.
Insufficient cooling (not due to poor blower output) can be caused by low freon, a faulty air conditioning component (compressor, thermal amp, condenser fan not working), faulty actuator, engine overheating issue or, on auto climate control systems, a faulty sensor.
So, is the problem you are experiencing a temperature problem or a lack of airflow out of the vents problem? Once we know that, we can, hopefully, better assist you!
Old 09-01-2017, 06:16 PM
2008 Quest
2008 Quest

Thank you so much for this info. Definitely a temperature issue. Air blowing is great and reacts to blower up and down buttons. But definitely doesn't adjust correctly to the auto thermostat (digital). In other words, if I turn thermostat up to 80-something in hot summer, it should get warmer in the car. If I turn it down to 65, it should get colder. But this isn't happening. I do have paperwork but dealership is usually totally unreasonable. And I've tried calling NMSC fir something else (I think it had to do with battery), and they do nothing. Refer you back to dealership. Say they are privately owned and manager and nmac has no say-so over the dealerships.

Tags
2007, blower, blowing, front, quest