Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Help!!! Forums > > Help!!! Help!!!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 08-12-2020, 08:26 PM
2008 Quest
2008 Nissan Quest

Default Help!!!

Hello All,

I have a 2008 Nissan Quest. The problems started with an alternator that went bad and a bad battery fuse that Hibdons and a Nissan dealership couldn't help me find. Continuous problems ever since even after I replaced the alternator, battery and several sensors. Weird electronic problems. Can anyone out there help me figure this out?
Old 08-27-2020, 06:48 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest

Can you be more specific about the electronic problems you are having? Flashing dashboard lights? headlights cutting on and off? Car dying at traffic lights?
Old 08-28-2020, 11:02 AM
2008 Quest
2008 Nissan Quest

Hi dtwnfb,

I have had my side door not be able to open from the outside but will open when I push the button above the console. My controls on my steering wheel quit working. My stereo used to just blast white noise sporadically from time to time when I would start it up. I just found a burnt up connector on one of the electric cooling fans. It's just different things at different times. I wondered if it could be a bad BCM. I'm not an expert so I thought i would ask the forum.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:19 AM
2004 Quest
2008 Titan King Cab

If its worth it to you replace the ECM, Flagship One will pre-load your VIN info onto the computer for about 400 for a new ECM. The ECM gets damaged from water. The ECM is under the wiper cowl panel, right where all the water from rain goes. If not take it to a repair shop that can handle electrotonic problems.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:18 AM
2008 Quest
2008 Nissan Quest

Thanks Luther81. How can I test the ECM before I invest more money? Who is Flagship one?