Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Front vents not blowing air Forums > > Front vents not blowing air Front vents not blowing air
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 10-11-2019, 06:43 AM
2006 Quest

Default 06 quest front vents not blowing air

Hi all

So I bought a used 06 quest and the front vents don’t blow any air at all. I’ve replaced the blower resister ( because the blower didn’t work at all) found out the connections were bad so I just hard wired the blower to the harness and viola the blower blows but barely any air is coming from the vents if any. Need help as winter is coming and need heat !

Last edited by DerekJ2019; 10-11-2019 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:46 AM
2006 Quest

I should note that changing vent positions is indicated on the cluster and the small amount of air that does come out Does slowly defrost my windshield but it’s almost like the vents are closed mostly and won’t fully open .
Old 10-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Vents are opened/closed by door mode actuators controlled by the HVAC control head. If it's auto climate control, there is a self-diagnostic test you can do, which is listed in the factory service manual; NICO Club's website offers free, online factory service manuals that you can use. However, if it seems or sounds like the doors are moving when you switch the modes and it's just the amount of air that is insufficient, you may want to check the cabin air filter to make sure it isn't clogged. It is supposed to be replaced every 15,000 miles. The other possibility is that your blower motor isn't pushing enough air, either due to a faulty part (not all new parts are good parts, unfortunately) or perhaps you have a poor ground to it?
Old 10-14-2019, 12:13 AM
2006 Quest

As far as the blower goes, the part isn’t new by any means but as I was testing the blower outside of the dash it worked perfectly when I hard wired it to the harness. The sounds are there when the vents “change position” but barely anything still comes out. ( I pulled the cabin air filters to test without them just because and they were disgusting as I thought). Still very little if no airflow from the vents. This problem is seriously stumping me and I’ve nearly pulled my entire dash out to try and fix it 😂. The very last thing I can think of is the actuator motors for the doors in the vents having either low power / bad ground or literally an object in the vents not allowing them to open fully. This is my update for the week and I can’t even for a few days. Maybe with a clear cool and collected head I’ll find the problem . Thank you sir for you help and I’ll be looking into nico clubs website for guidance.

Tags
air, blowing, front, vents