Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
06 quest vdc off Forums > > 06 quest vdc off 06 quest vdc off
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 10-09-2019, 05:19 PM
2006 Quest

Default 06 quest vdc off

Hi everyone. Im seeking any advice on a problem im haveing with my 06 quest. Ok so. I was driving the other day and i came to a stop and the engine stalled. I started it back up and the vdc off light was on. And it was not shifting 1st or 2nd gear after that happened. The next morning the vdc off light was off. It started off driving just fine. Then It did it again on my way to work. After work light was off and everything was fine. Then on my way home bam i felt like it sliped out and back in gear but again was not shifting 1st or 2nd gear. Has anyone had this happen??????
Old 10-13-2019, 10:03 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I would suggest you an auto tech do a full code scan of the various system modules, specifically the ECM, TCM and ABS systems for stored codes. It might help pinpoint exactly what's going on. It wouldn't hurt to do some basic checks, as well, such as making sure the battery and charging system are good, etc.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:04 AM
2006 Quest

Through reading up on similar problems people were having i narrowed it down to the cam shaft postion sensor. I changed them and so far have not had any issue.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:20 AM
2004 Quest
2004 Quest

We just recently had the same issue with our '04 Quest. TCM replaced but didn't fix. Front cam position sensor replaced but didn't fix. Rear cam position sensor replaced, problem solved! Getting to the rear CPS is a pain. However, the best way to remove the old sensor (after removing the air intake) is to remove the single bolt before unplugging. Before removing the sensor/plug, unclip the wire from its holder and you'll be able to pull out the sensor/plug far enough to be able to disconnect the sensor. (Press the green clip in till it clicks, pry plug off sensor. When connecting plug to the new sensor, make sure the green clip clicks when pressed down. Use a magnetic 10mm socket for the single bolt. You'll thank me later!)

Tags
quest, vdc