Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Need help with 2007 Nissan quest Forums > > Need help with 2007 Nissan quest Need help with 2007 Nissan quest
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 04-21-2018, 01:59 PM
2007 Quest
2000 Maxima

Default Need help with 2007 Nissan quest

I just bought a 2007 Quest with 250k miles on it. It takes about a quart of power steering fluid a week to make it driveable.I took a look underneath the motor to see if I could find exactly where the leak was coming from and I noticed the power steering pump adjuster screw or bolt was broken but there is still tension on the belt. I've had this car about a month and a week ago it started making a sort of thumping sound or vibration that gets worst as the rpm's increase. Connected code reader and it's telling me I have a mixture in cylinder no. 2. My question is , does it sound like I might have a timing chain problem on top of everything else or could the vibration be caused by the broken adjuster bolt? I'm low on funds so a little advise would help me figure out the best way to go about fixing the problem and in what order.
Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Tags
2007, nissan, quest