Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Quest SE Help Randomly shutting off Forums > > 2007 Quest SE Help Randomly shutting off 2007 Quest SE Help Randomly shutting off
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 04-04-2017, 02:44 PM
2007 Quest

Default 2007 Quest SE Help Randomly shutting off

Ive read through alot of posts related to an issue we are having but havent gotten anywhere yet.

2007 Nissan Quest SE 3.5

Our Van shut off on me the other day and would not start back up. I had it towed home a few hours later, put gas in it and it started up. It was at 1/4 of a tank.... I gave it a once over and took it to the gas station to fill up. I was trying to track mileage to make sure the gas gauge was accurate. I got 150 miles or so on it, down to around 3/4 of a tank then it died on my wife today.

I came up and got it, it started up and i drove it home making a quick stop....it died again, second time today.

I left it in the parking lot went home to get my work van tools exc and headed back up there, it ofcourse started up. So i moved spots, replaced the upper Camshaft sensor - angled plug (despite no codes being thrown) and it would click click start so i drove it home, and NOW its giving me a code with the new sensor. VDC off, service engine.

This bring me up to where i am now. Should I put the old one back in and look at something else or change the other camshaft sensor? Im trying not to throw parts at is since even the sensors arent cheap :( It seems to have spark, battery works and aside from the code after NEW sensor was installed we have not seen any codes at all. It just randomly shut off while youre driving which unfortunately seems like a common issue but not finding any solutions.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Unfortunately there are many things that could cause the stall problem. You should start by installing the old sensor back. I recommend renting a fuel gauge and check ifthere is fuel pressure when the engine stalls. Usually the cam sensors will set the code when fail, but a bad fuel pump wont set any codes.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Cam position sensors as well as crank position sensors can cause these problems and they don't always trigger codes when they do fail on VQ engine. Further, aftermarket sensors have been problematic, so, make sure you use genuine Nissan sensors or sensor by the OE manufacturer, which is usually Hitachi or Mitsubishi.

Tags
2007, quest, randomly, shutting