Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 Radio Problem Forums > > 2004 Radio Problem 2004 Radio Problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 05-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Jarvisruns

Default 2004 Radio Problem

The radio and display in my 04 Quest will stop responding to anything on hot days. The display is blank when the van starts and the radio/cd will play whatever was last left on. None of the audio controls work and the display is blank. It will eventually (usually hours later) start to work again. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:14 PM
mscott5807

Default Similar issue

I have a 2000 Quest and the green LCD display was doing the same thing. I can get the system to work but have to guess what mode its in. The dealership in TX was clueless. I removed the entire dash assembly hoping to find a loose wiring harness or coupling but nada. Nissans are notorius for these devilish electrical issues.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:32 AM
2015 Rogue

The 2000 quest has a ford radio in it. Actually most of the parts on it are ford parts.

For the 2004 quest. It sounds like an internal radio issue and will probably need to be replaced. Your vehicle has a 5 year or 60,000 mile warranty so if you are under the mileage it is free.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:23 AM
Mastrocalo

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
The 2000 quest has a ford radio in it. Actually most of the parts on it are ford parts.

For the 2004 quest. It sounds like an internal radio issue and will probably need to be replaced. Your vehicle has a 5 year or 60,000 mile warranty so if you are under the mileage it is free.
Good to know...! I have 2005 Quest 3.5S and so far radio and Cd working but never know!!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Jarvisruns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvisruns View Post
The radio and display in my 04 Quest will stop responding to anything on hot days. The display is blank when the van starts and the radio/cd will play whatever was last left on. None of the audio controls work and the display is blank. It will eventually (usually hours later) start to work again. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Just an update. I had taken this to the dealer before (at around 48k) and they said they couldn't replicate the problem and I should bring it in sometime while it was doing it. I live about 1/2 an hour from dealer and tried to drive it over but the display kicked back on before I got there. I didn't take it in over the winter as it doesn't seem to do it much other than when it is hot. So now that it is summer, I took it back - repair guys knew what it was doing but said I was now out of warranty (65k) I called 800 Nissan 1 and they called back saying dealer couldn't replicate the problem - I should take it over when it is happening. I sat the car in the sun and then drove it over - the repair manager told me there wasn't anyone there to look at a Nissan- he finally came out and said the problem is the display gets hot and suggested I put a piece of cardboard in my window when not driving. On Monday he called back and said Nissan said they would not fix the problem under warranty. This is my fourth Nissan and I love the way they drive - is the company really willing to lose a customer over a display?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:55 PM

04 Quest

I have been experiening the same problem. It does happen more often in the summer, but it just happened the other day, when temps were in the 20s F!

I got the same BS story: "could not replicate". But I had them register the complaint within the warranty period (58k miles), so my hopes that if it resurfases after the warranty exparation, I should have a good case on my hands...

BTW, I have had a similar occurance with my AC/Heat system. The controls just go dead. This was a big PITA in our family 500 mile trip this past summer. After 4+ hours of baking in the sun, I found out that turning the lights on/off would restore the climate controls!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:02 PM
roadrunnercj

My 2000 Quest radio started acting weird.

This guy makes a small living off fixing the Ford Nissan Radio problem

Radio Repairs - including Blank Radio Display (Ford & Nissan Quest, Chrysler)

But Nissan would never admit a problem.

Tags
2004, problem, radio