Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Timing Chain supplier reviews Forums > > Timing Chain supplier reviews Timing Chain supplier reviews
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 11-10-2016, 04:59 PM
2005 Quest

Default Timing Chain supplier reviews

Apparently I need to replace my timing chain any reviews on parts available or suggestions for part suppliers.

https://www.amazon.com/Evergreen-TK3.../dp/B00LLQE0B2
Old 11-13-2016, 10:41 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

One reviewer says it lasted 2200 miles and snap. My choice is Cloyes. I have installed Cloyes timing chain guides 50k miles ago, no issues. Try rockauto.com
Old 11-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Cloyes is a reputable brand. I've heard mixed reviews about DNJ. You could go with genuine Nissan parts; I use CourtesyParts.com or NissanPartsDepot.com. I'm assuming you are replacing the timing chain because of the upper timing chain noise issue? If so, you really don't need a full timing set; only the parts on the service bulletin NTB07-042c. You can download a copy of it from our knowledge base:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/local...pp=10&keyid=43

One recommendation I would make is that instead of using the ThreeBond sealant mentioned in the bulletin, get Permatex #82195 Ultra Grey Rigid High Torque sealant. Most auto part stores carry it and you use it with a caulk gun (there is a lot of RTV sealant to be put down!). Also, remember that the timing sets on the aftermarket don't comes with the seals; you'll still have to get them. I would also replace the water pump and thermostat while you are there. You can get a Hitachi or Aisin water pump (both OE suppliers to Nissan) for half the price of a Nissan pump at Rockauto.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:17 PM
2005 Quest

Yes 120xxx miles, regular oil changes, occasional noise so if I am going to open it up I was just going to change it all.....including water pump.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:59 PM
2005 Quest

Well just completed the repair. Wow what a job. I found one secondary guide worn down and the primary chain guide broken and of course slid down extending the tensioner. So much of the assembly was a struggle. Now on too phase two, new 02 sensors, plugs and coil packs.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:25 AM

2004 Quest

Hi [MENTION=247026]vmusch[/MENTION],

Can you tell us what the hardest parts of the disassembly or install were? There's several YouTube videos out there showing us what the insides look like, but I can't find any that talk about the actual disassembly to get to the chains. Would love to get your insight before taking this on.
Thanks!
Old 10-24-2017, 05:50 PM
2005 Quest

Default Quest timing chains....

Well honestly not a bad job at all. Follow the videos and check and double check assembly. Only mistake I made was during assembly one of the cover bolts must be put on with the cover, I didn't so I had to drill a hole to make room to install the bolt. Of all my jobs this one does not and did not seem difficult.......it is time consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junker View Post
Hi @vmusch,

Can you tell us what the hardest parts of the disassembly or install were? There's several YouTube videos out there showing us what the insides look like, but I can't find any that talk about the actual disassembly to get to the chains. Would love to get your insight before taking this on.
Thanks!

Tags
chain, reviews, supplier, timing