Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2014 quest radiator fans run a lot Forums > > 2014 quest radiator fans run a lot 2014 quest radiator fans run a lot
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 09-18-2016, 05:43 AM
2014 Quest

Default 2014 quest radiator fans run a lot

My 2014 Quest had a coolant leak from one of the two small lines going into the engine, I don't know what it's called. I replaced the bad hose with 5/8" i.d. hose, refilled the radiator, no leaks.

The issue is that now the radiator fans seem to run almost constantly. The temp gauge is fine, car does not overheat, but the fans didn't run this much before. I'm wondering what it could be. I saw that the radiator needs to be burped or purged of air, I did that a little bit, (started the engine, put the temp on heat, etc). Could it be the coolant I used? I put in regular prestone 50/50 mix. Another thought is that it may be the replacement hose is not the OEM one, and that it might be kinked and not allow as much coolant to pass through?

Is there a coolant bleeder valve on this Quest?

Any input you folks have would be welcomed, especially helpful input.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:52 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest

What is the coolant level in the overflow reservoir? IF that is low, it could cause issues.

Don't know the exact location or if there is a bleeder valve but here's a video on coolant flush for your Quest: https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2.../flush_coolant
Old 09-19-2016, 06:04 PM
2014 Quest

The reservoir level is perfect, doesn't increase or decrease, the temp gauge is steady, no overheating. I did 'air out' the radiator some more, and the car runs fine, but the fans still cycle on more often than before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownfb View Post
What is the coolant level in the overflow reservoir? IF that is low, it could cause issues.

Don't know the exact location or if there is a bleeder valve but here's a video on coolant flush for your Quest: https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2.../flush_coolant
Old 09-23-2016, 08:28 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest

have you been using the AC more? That will cause the fan to come on as well. When you installed the hose, did you unplugged anything? The temperature sensor could be disconnected or a wire damaged.

Tags
2014, fans, lot, quest, radiator, run