Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
ABS,  BRAKE, TCS, and Slip lights on Forums > > ABS,  BRAKE, TCS, and Slip lights on ABS, BRAKE, TCS, and Slip lights on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 09-04-2016, 06:24 PM
2005 Quest

Default ABS, BRAKE, TCS, and Slip lights on

I have a 2005 Nissan Quest that have the ABS, Slip, TCS and Brake lights lit on the dash. I had the codes checked and it showed error codes for front left and right ABS speed sensors. I replaced both sensors but the lights are still on and the it is still showing the same error codes.

So... What's next? How do I figure out what the problem is? I tried resetting the codes but it wouldn't reset. Any ideas?
Old 09-05-2016, 06:37 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Follow the diagnostic procedures for those codes as listed in the factory service manual. You might find a downloadable brake section in the knowledge base at this site.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:03 AM
2005 Quest

The brake section didn't include any ABS information. Just the brake system itself. I used up my file allowance for the day so can't search the maintenance file. Downloaded Engine control but it wouldn't open for me. Said wrong file format or something.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I just checked and unfortunately the section you need, which is the Brake Control section, or "BRC," is not in the loose sections available with the free access. You can get a full, 2005 Quest factory service manual download which has that (and all of the other sections), but you would have to subscribe to the forum, which I think is $12.95/year. You could check out Nico Club's site as they have full service manual downloads for free, but I'm not sure if they'll have your specific vehicle's manual.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:45 AM
2005 Quest

Thanks! I was able to find it on the NICO Club site.

Tags
abs, brake, lights, slip, tcs