Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ... Forums > > Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ... Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ...
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 12-03-2014, 06:14 AM
2004 Quest

Default Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ...

All,
My 2004 quest radio is completely dead. Don't know how to start ... just ask the whole bunch of questions.
Is there a fuse somewhere that might be burned out?
Does it need to be reset?
Is there an aftermarket system that I can use?
or where can I get the used one?

Please help and greatly appreciate your answer ...
Old 12-03-2014, 09:27 AM
G47

check the fuses first there is a hand full of them, I but check them all

Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ...-2-png

Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ...-1-png

Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ...-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ...-capture-png   Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ...-1-png   Nissan Quest 2004 Radio is completely dead ...-2-png  

Last edited by G47; 12-03-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

If fuses are good, the next thing to do would be to pull the radio out and check for power to the radio. Grounding shouldn't be an issue as Nissan radios ground through the chassis. Some Nissans do have a fuse in the back of the radio, but I don't know if this one does. If it does, you would see it when you pull the radio out. If it is the radio, there are places you can send yours to and have them repair it. For aftermarket options, I would check with Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest SL

You're going to find what I found: There is no way to put an aftermarket radio into the '04 Quest. They had a design flaw and now many owners are experiencing this issue.

The deal wants in excess of $900 to replace the radio. There are several people online (ebay, etc...) who are peddling repair services (about $150).

I have a post under this topic (recently - I think it's called "weird issues with radio" or something like that).

This model radio does not have an onboard fuse.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest

Having gone through this with my 2004 Quest S, check the fuses first. If the fuses are fine, i would replace the radio with a refurbished unit. There are plenty of companies that refurbish these units. As scubacamper states, there is a design flaw with the 2004-05 radios. Independent companies repair and re-sell these units for about $200-$250 and you have to send your old unit. They come with a one year warranty. As you will see, you don't want to disassemble the dash more than once. There are videos on the internet that show how to access the radio. Set aside three hours......
Old 12-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest SL

So after having my dealership write on the ticket that I need a new head unit (after getting a recall addressed), and contacting consumer affairs to give them the information, I got a call from the field rep for consumer affairs who basically said "no soup for you!".

(I was asking for financial assistance, given the design flaw and the inability to pursue less costly options).

Currently it's in an escalated review but I can't get the supervisor to call me back....

I doubt this'll go anywhere...
Old 12-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Try searching for one on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market. Maybe you can luck out and find a good working used head unit for a reasonable price? But, personally, I think sending it out for repair would be the best option.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
Try searching for one on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market. Maybe you can luck out and find a good working used head unit for a reasonable price? But, personally, I think sending it out for repair would be the best option.
Great site!! Never heard of it and just found what appears to be great prices...maybe I shouldn't post this so the price won't get driven up! :)
Old 05-01-2018, 07:20 AM
2005 Quest

I'm having this same issue. Fuses are ok. Ordered a refurbished radio and when I installed it the cd drive made a clicking/popping sound. This is what my other one did. I can't get it to turn on at all. Could it be a wiring issue?

Tags
2004, completely, dead, nissan, quest, radio